Section 9.2 of Chapter 9: Let the Games Begin

9.2- Near the Cornucopia-PJO:

            Percy was racing the other Tributes to the Cornucopia. He had his trusty sword, Anaklusmos (Riptide), with him anyway, but still needed supplies. The giant horn of the Cornucopia seemed to be getting farther and farther away as he ran across the uneven terrain, rocks skittering under his feet. The other Tributes could have easily taken him out, but they didn't. Percy looked around, confused, and realized that they too were sprinting all-out. The worst part was, he couldn't tell his surroundings because he was focusing with one goal in mind. He ran like Hellhounds were chasing him, and before he knew it, he arrived at the Cornucopia. It had towered over the terrain even from a distance, and looked even larger now. It was a Thanksgiving dream come true, except rather than savoury goods coming out of it, there were much-needed supplies. He saw weapons ('Nah don't need those'), water bottles ('I'm a son of Poseidon, why would I need water when I can get it anywhere?'), and food. 'Aww yeah', Percy narrated his emotions internally. Percy grabbed a bag and stashed a few food rations, and then noticed that it was eerily quiet outside. He stepped out of the mouth of the horn, and saw the other Tributes dash straight at the supplies. Once everyone had grabbed a bit of what they needed, the silence broke. Some of the Tributes screamed like animals, and started fighting each other over supplies. The infamous Bloodbath was imminent. Out of the corner of his eye, Percy saw two figures locked in a struggle over a bag of filtration straws. Percy scoffed and watched on, still aware of his surroundings. One of the Tributes, who had a hood over their head, was gaining the upper hand. The other Tribute fought back, but it wasn't enough. Percy saw a knife not unlike Annabeth's dagger flash across the weaker Tributes stomach, and methodically kept cutting. He looked away, nauseous, as the gore intensified, but not before noticing the dying Tribute's pale face. A cannon confirmed Ringer's death, the first victim of the Hero Hunger Games.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------