Section 3.6 of Chapter 3: Meetings Between Tributes of Same Worlds

3.6 - In the Capitol's hospital-THG:

Katniss and Peeta woke up at the Capitol hospital at the same time, or rather, moments apart. They looked at each other, and Katniss sighed in frustration as Peeta covered his head in his hands. They could both tell what each other was thinking.. 'NOT AGAIN!'. Finally, Peeta looked up and asked Katniss "We're in the Capitol hospital, Real or Not Real?", Katniss felt her heart sinking as she spoke the harsh truth, full of painful memories..."Real". Peeta looked aghast. His jaw dropped. "But... No we can't be... Not this place, not again." Katniss was left speechless. Peeta curled up into a ball on his bed and started to sob. He had bad memories of this place, where he was tortured, and left to heal on his own. Katniss sat up and got off her bed, and ran to comfort him, fearing for the worst, that he had gone back to his days where his mind was addled by Tracker Jacker venom. But when he looked up at her, he had human eyes, his normal eyes. Katniss sighed out of relief, and laughed. "We're Victors and the faces of the Rebellion, remember? We can make the Capitol do things against their will. We have that power. They wouldn't dare to cross us. Don't worry." Peeta smiled "Thanks. We can win this together, or die together. Real or not Real?" Katniss remembered the condition she set at the end of her first Hunger Games. "Real.", she replied.

* * *

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------