Section 11.5 of Chapter 11: Third Day of the Games

11.5- In the Bunker-T5W:

           Ben had managed to narrowly escape the same military camp he had been enrolled in not so long ago. He could tell it was Colonel Vosch's cronies who had rebuilt that forsaken place. Pushing that out of his head, he noticed he was on a weird sort of hillside, looking at an oddly shaped bump in the ground. He couldn't tell what it was at first, but then rounded a corner and gasped. In front of a helipad with military vehicles around it, was an entrance to a tunnel. 'Bunker', Ben thought. He opened the door warily, and made his way past bombs of the past, down along a brightly lit tunnel. It was a long tunnel, and seemed to continue one for a long time. When he came across a T intersection, he continued straight before turning to his right, and noticed it was a dead end. He wondered why there were doors, and got confused so he went back to where he was before. Turning left and walking on, he passed through a really thick door that was ajar, the bomb blast door, and he saw stairs everywhere. He went down one, and somehow ended up in some sort of cafeteria. He moved towards the kitchen, and saw no one, luckily. Then the weirdest thing happened, the whole bunker started to fill with smoke and he could hear a distant bomb siren blaring a warning. Dazed, he looked around, and realized that the lights had shut off as well. He decided to explore the dark bunker, and came across some pretty interesting rooms. There were hospital rooms, code rooms, conference rooms, bank rooms to store gold, even a heavy duty vault for this. He expected that there would be a lot of bunk beds, but what he did not expect were bodies on them. There were people in hospital gowns and in uniform, in doctor scrubs and in business outfits. The worst part is that they had blood still on them. Interestingly enough, it was fresh. Could they have just been killed? No. Some of the bodies started to quiver. They started to rise. They looked at Ben, with hunger in their undead eyes. How ironic, thought Ben, that his military name was "Zombie" and he was about to be killed by some. The zombies started to advance so he backed out of the room. Only to find that the virus had somehow spread in the time it took for him to arrive. He ran, hoping to get away from the horde that was coming for him. The lighting flickering on and off only made the whole ordeal a lot more terrifying, and he knew this. He hid behind a supercomputer that was there, hoping that the zombies would make their way into the media room just next to it. They did not. They managed to catch his scent, and come groaning and moaning and at various speeds, arms all extended towards their prey. Ben ran while taking some turns, trying his best to find where the large blast door was. He stumbled away from the approaching zombies before finding Astrid waiting at the entrance, clutching a knife so tight that her knuckles were white. Ben thought quickly before rushing past her. Astrid took a swipe, and got Ben in the leg. Ben winced, but kept running up the tunnel. Astrid tried to follow, but a hand shot out from the dark and grabbed her. She screamed, a piercing scream but it was too late, the creatures had silenced her, and silenced their hunger. A cannon shot ran out, but by that time, Ben had already gone through the Portal that had appeared at the end of the tunnel, haunted by what he had seen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------