Section 5.3 of Chapter 5: Departures and Travels

5.3 - In the Mortal Instruments welcome area in the Capitol-TMI:

            Emma and Julian had gone through the Portal, once again tumbling out onto the cold, hard ground on the other side. When they scrambled to their feet, they thought the deafening noises were after-effects from the hazardous Portal, but they realized that the sounds were indeed coming from the crowd which had no surrounded them. 'They're CHEERING for us', Emma thought. That was in fact, entirely true, as the swarm collectively began chanting their names. Such a welcome was in order, as it had always been with Tributes. The fact that all these people were closing in so fast alarmed Emma to the point where she reached for her Seraph blade, but Julian gave her a look and she changed her mind. Suddenly a Portal appeared beside them, and out of it poured many Pact members. They were surrounded, as a booming voice proclaimed "May the Tributes of Idris please come to Snow's mansion? A hovercraft will be waiting to take you to the building you will stay in." and the Pact members had surrounded them as an escort, not as an enemy army. Together they walked towards the mansion, now looming in the distance. As they passed crowds of people, Emma and Julian noticed that the Capitol people were quite different, and many had tattoos just like their runes. But the tattoos weren't the weirdest things about them, each had their own personal style, whether by coloured hair or skin, piercings, and many other accessories. They arrived at the mansion, and decided to wait in the front foyer while waiting for the hovercraft. They noticed how elegant the mansion was, as if it were a government building instead of a home. 'Alas, it was both', Emma noticed as she caught a glimpse of President Snow in his bathrobe inside an upstairs room. She giggled and nudged Julian, pointing in his direction. A guard smiled, careful not to show it to the other guards. Julian quickly caught a glimpse of his dog-tag, 'Officer Woodwork', it said. Woodwork and Julian exchanged a quick look, and the former cleared his throat "The hovercraft will be arriving in a few minutes". Emma walked over to Julian and laced her arm around his "I'm down to wait.", she said. Julian turned to her, and embraced her, whispering "Wait now, but not in the arena. I need your skills.", Emma nodded as a roaring noise came from overhead. The hovercraft had arrived. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------