Time For Death

A few months later in Germany a cry went up. Hitler had rose into power and now he was ordering the manslaughter of anyone who he felt wasn't superior. Anyone inferior was sentenced to death and that included the Lehnsherr family.

The Nazis came to their door and ripped it right off of the hinges. Erik's mother gasped and turned to Erik's father. "Hide him," she called as she tried to push the Nazis out of the door. "You're not welcome here!"

Erik's father ushered him toward a small place under the stairs where both Erik and Tony could hide. They pushed themselves in but it wasn't long before one Nazi overpowered Erik's mother and threw her to the ground.

"Mama," called Erik as he watched a Nazi kick her in the side. Erik's father launched himself forward and tackled one Nazi but another used the butt of the gun and collided it against his head to knock him out. Erik's father fell to the ground, unconscious.

The last Nazi darted forward and grasped Erik by the collar of his shirt. Erik gasped, his eyes round. However before the Nazi could pull him forward Tony snarled and surged forward, sinking his fangs into the Nazi's leg.

The Nazi screeched and flailed his leg. He managed to throw Tony aside and Tony landed on the ground with a painful yelp. He laid there for a few heartbeats until Erik tugged himself from the Nazi's grip. He then darted forward and grasped Tony. He held his friend and hugged him close, wishing to protect him.

"Get going," snapped the Nazi as he pointed a gun to Erik's head.

Erik stiffened and took in a deep breath. Fear rippled through his whole body and Tony looked up to Erik. Erik sighed and took a step forward. He nearly fell but Tony whispered something in his ear and he stood up a bit taller.

The other two Nazis had forced Erik's mother forward and helped the half conscious father to his feet. He looked over to his son and forced a smile but Erik was still stiff in terror. He had heard about what Hitler had done and what he wanted to do but he never thought it would effect him.

"It's going to be alright," whispered Tony as he allowed Erik to carry him.

"I'm not sure about that," confessed Erik as he burried his face into Tony's fur and smelled in his scent that smelled of soap that Erik had used to give Tony a bath the other day. Now that bath would be to no avail since it was pouring down rain.

"I won't let them hurt us," assured Tony as he bristled his fur.

Erik smiled at his companion's affection but he knew that they were both too young to face the Nazis. They would either end up dead or in a concentration camp and Erik wasn't sure which one he would rather want.