Titanium

Early the next morning everyone piled into the car again and Ivory knew that they were finally heading to the man's headquarters. Apprehension made her paws itch but Charles was always beside her to calm her down.

When they all got into the car Ivory was thankful that Charles sat by Tony now so she could sit by him and Kestrel. She looked to the old healer and realized his eyes were a bit glazed over. She leaned forward and pressed her nose against his shoulder.

He turned sharply and bared his teeth a bit. He relaxed and swung his head. "Sorry. Just tense I suppose."

"Don't be nervous," she breathed as she ran her head over his shoulders to try and smooth down the bristling fur. "There's nothing for you to be nervous about."

Kestrel snorted in amusement. "I'm supposed to be the one to read emotions and feel other's pain, not you!"

Ivory licked his ear. "Well it's easy to read your emotions when you basically broadcast them through the whole car," she pointed out before she looked past Kestrel to Raven. She was being surprisingly quiet and Ivory wanted to ask why but she didn't.

The rest of the car ride was fairly quiet until they arrived at a large base. When Ivory looked out the window it made her fur stand on end and she could only imagine how Tony and Kestrel felt. They were wolves once meant to rome free in the wild and here they were at a top secret base with humans. It was a lot to take in all at once.

"Here we are," the man announced with such pride in his voice that Kestrel rolled his eyes.

"You're going to love it," boasted Moria as she climbed from the car and opened up the back seat. The group fumbled out. When Ivory's paws hit the ground she tasted the air and the scent of brick and water nearly overwhelmed her. She knew that this couldn't be a bad place.

The humans took the lead and that left the wolves in the back, walking together. Tony cleared his throat and broke the silence as he looked to Kestrel. "Er thank you for helping me last night. Instead of thanking you I nearly went for your throat."

Kestrel just huffed and gave his gray and white fur a shake. "I was nothing. Trust me I've met much worse than you."

Ivory wasn't sure how Tony would take that so she pushed forward and weaved beside Charles.

"So we're going to be your mutant CIA," asked Charles to the man.

The man shrugged. "Something like that."

The large doors opened and Moria led them down so many hallways that Ivory couldn't retrace her pawsteps even if she tried. She noticed that Tony and Kestrel were as uncomfortable as she was. She sucked in her breath though and just pushed after Charles, trying to scent the air but it just smelled clean.

They finally made it to a large room with so much stuff that Ivory wasn't sure what to focus on next. "This could be a healer's dream," breathed Kestrel as he looked around and turned, nearly tripping over his tail and landing on his stomach. "I'm sure I could create so much things in here!"

"Yeah you could," chuckled the voice of a young and stalky man with glasses. "It's a scientists dream in here."

A dark gray and white male wolf with black hints, blue eyes, and black wings stepped out from behind the tall and stocky male. His blue eyes flickered as he licked his lips in fear. Ivory smiled at him and wanted him to come closer but he just ducked back in fear at Ivory. Ivory blinked her eyes and looked to Kestrel.

"Who are you," asked Kestrel as his tail flicked back and forth.

The man smiled and motioned toward the tall and lanky man. "This is Hank Mccoy. He is the leader in science here."