Another Mutant

It had been about a week since Ivory had gone to live with Charles. She was very much enjoying her life since she had never seen so much food or got so much attention. She was also having a great time trying to use her abilities. She was now able to track and object to it's origin.

Now it was late at night, almost midnight to be exact. Ivory was sleeping on Charles's small bed before she heard a strange noise coming from downstairs. She lifted her head and tensed up. "Charles," she whispered as she strode toward her friend. She pawed at his chest. "Charles wake up!"

Charles opened one of his eyes sleepily and yawned. "Ivory cut that out," he grumbled as he pushed her away. "I'm trying to sleep."

Ivory lashed her tail. "Charles I hear someone downstairs."

"Do you have super senses too," mumbled Charles as he blinked hi eyes a few times.

Ivory narrowed her eyes and shook her head. "No wolves just naturally have better hearing than humans. Trust me there is someone downstairs!"

Charles sighed and threw the covers off. He swung his legs over the side of the bed and stretched. "Fine let's go see what it is."

He stepped onto the cool ground and opened the door to his room. He suddenly heard a loud rummaging and he drew back inside in the room. "Told you," snapped Ivory as her fur bristled along her spine. "What are we going to do?"

Charles looked around before he grabbed his baseball bat. He grasped it tightly with both hands and tip toed forward. "Follow me," he whispered over his shoulder as he inched toward the stairs. He took a ginger step down and took in a deep breath.

Ivory followed, her fur still bristling in fear. She was prepared to fight but she didn't want to. They stepped down the stairs and emerged into the kitchen. Charles relaxed once he saw the person standing at the fridge was his mother.

"Mother," cried Charles as he set down the bat and leaned it against the table. "I thought you were a burglar."

Ivory tilted her head. This women smelled different than she remembered Charles explaining how his mother seemed. She took a frightened step back and she collided with the table. She looked up and tilted her head up at the women.

"Don't be silly now go back to bed." His mother seemed quite short and Ivory wasn't sure she liked this women.

Charles didn't move and she looked down on him. "No go on back to bed." He stilled didn't move so she lowered down. "Would you like me to make you some hot chocolate?"

Charles looked up to a picture on the wall of him and his mother. He suddenly entered the women's brain. "My mother has never stepped foot in this kitchen and she certainly would have never offered to make me hot chocolate. She would have had one of the maids do it."

The women's eyes suddenly flickered yellow and she began to shrink. She turned blue with red hair and Ivory realized she was a girl, about their age. She stepped forward, her tail wagging and Charles beamed.

"You're not afraid of me," she asked in surprise.

Charles smiled. "I always knew that there must be others like us," he murmured as he motioned to Ivory who was peering from behind his legs. He suddenly shook his head and stretched out a hand. "Charles Xavier and this is Ivory."

Ivory dipped her head and showed her wings with a polite bow. Raven smiled before she took Charles hand. "Raven."

"We have a lot of food you don't have to steal," Charles assured her as he motioned to the pantry which Ivory knew was stocked with food. "In fact you never have to steal ever again."

Ivory knew where this was going and she brightened as she strode forward and nuzzled Raven's hand. Raven giggled and lowered a hand to stroke Ivory between the ears. Ivory knew that this would be a great family to live with.