Friends In New Places

Ivory slipped through the tangle of British drunks with relative ease. She was used to all of the drunks that usually even tried flirting with her since they were so drunk and didn't realize she was a wolf, not a human. She was getting specific flirty looks from a man who looked like he had had way too many drinks. He was leaning toward her and she easily pushed him aside and he fell aside easily, knocking his head against a stool.

She hated living in England now since Charles went to Oxford. She missed New York but she never said anything. She loved Charles and Raven and if they wanted to be here she wasn't about to argue. She'd go wherever that was, even if it was to the pub. However Charles was almost finished with his studies so she knew that she wouldn't have to be in England much longer, she hoped. Now all that she did was either lay around at the apartment or venture to the pub.

Ivory just grumbled past the drunk and strode to a corner with a friend she had met who now commonly went out. He was a stray but he didn't look it. His fur was gray with white splotches on his underbelly and chest. He was a bit older than Ivory but not by that much.

He was sprawled out in the corner of the pub. His eyes were narrowed to slits and his tail flicked to and fro. When he heard Ivory approaching he brightened and a rumble rolled in his throat.

"Hello Ivory. I didn't think you'd be back so soon," murmured the wolf with his eyes still slitted.

Ivory laid beside the male wolf and rested her head on her paws sighing heavily. "Yeah me either," confessed Ivory as she let out as she let out a monstrous yawn.

The male wolf shrugged. "Well you may want to take Charles home soon," the wolf suggested as he finally opened his eyes. He looked to Charles who was flirting with yet another girl. "He's becoming increasingly drunk."

"How do you know Kestrelflight," Ivory gasped in shock.

Kestrelflight raised a paw and tapped it against his temple. "Mutant power. Same way you know everything about everyone here by just looking at them. Heck you know everything about anything in the room! Even if it's not living."

Ivory chuckled. "No need to rub in it," she joked as her tail wagged.

"Ivory come on," called Charles from across the pub. "We're leaving."

Ivory twitched an ear in interest. It was highly unusual for them to leave so abruptly. However she didn't question it. She rose to her paws and strode toward the entrance. "See you around Kestrelflight!"

Kestrelflight grunted as he hauled himself to his paws and stretched out, his muscles rippling. "Ivory!" Ivory turned her head around and gazed at Kestrelflight. "Just call me Kestrel. Kestrelflight is long gone."

Ivory didn't feel like asking the male what he meant so she just gave a nod before bounding after Charles and Raven who was in her human form. Ivory saw one of her eyes was a strange yellow color. She didn't ask what had happened but she could tell that Charles was furious.

"You did that on purpose," snapped Charles as they romped down the streets. Ivory followed and rain began to pelt her fur.

"Did what on purpose," inquired Ivory as she weaved between Charles and Raven as she tried to break up the hostility.

Charles looked down on Ivory and frowned harshly. "This one decided to almost blow our cover," snapped Charles as he curled his lip a bit.

Ivory swayed her tail. "I'm sure we could have thought of something to cover it up," she pointed out, trying to get Raven out of trouble. Sometimes Charles could be so overprotective.

"Leave it Ivory," snapped Raven as she waved her hand in dismissal to Ivory. She fell backwards a bit and shook her head in anger.

"You know I can't control when I'm tires or stressed," pointed out Raven as she moved at such a brisk pace that Ivory struggled to keep up.