Past Catching Up

Ivory blinked open her eyes but she realized that she wasn't in the mansion. She seemed to be our in the forest. She looked around and took in a breath, scenting the beautiful smells of the fresh forest. She saw the beautiful lush leaves and flowers about. It had been a long time before she had went in the forest for joy purposes.

She blinked her eyes and saw a beautiful long furred white she-wolf with glistening blue eyes. She carried a small white lump of fur in her mouth. The pup whimpered and Ivory ducked behind a tree, her eyes troubled.

Suddenly the large wolf flicked her ears and whimpered. Her eyes were transfixed ahead and when Ivory looked in that direction she gasped. A human was standing dressed to look like the trees. It had a gun in it's head and had it pointed right at the large she-wolf.

"Run," wailed Ivory but she realized that the she-wolf couldn't hear her.

However it didn't matter. The she-wolf had her own plan. She darted forward and bolted, her fur whipping in her face. Ivory watched as the she-wolf bolted with the pup clamped firmly in her jaws. She knew that she had to help.

She surged forward, her paws kicking up dead leaves in her path. She broke into a bolt and tried to match the pace of the she-wolf but the she-wolf was too fast. The sound of gunfire blasted through the air and nearly made Ivory's eardrums bleed. She let out a yelp as the she-wolf in front of her crumbled to the ground.

Ivory bolted up to her and looked around madly. Her shoulder was growing red with blood and it oozed out onto the ground. Ivory wailed around and looked for help. However it was just her, the she-wolf, and the pup. Well she wasn't going to stand around and do nothing.

Ivory stretched out a paw and tried to stop the bleeding. To her horror her paw went right through the she-wolf's shoulder. She let out a wail that seemed to singe the whole forest. She leaped backwards and looked at her starry pelt. She couldn't be dead but for some reason she was visiting Starbound.

While she was contemplating what was happening the she-wolf rushed to her paws with blood still gushing from the wound. Her eyes widened in shock as the she-wolf grabbed the pup and continued forward. Ivory rushed forward after her and heard the sound of gunfire back behind her.

She urged herself to keep going until she almost matched the she-wolf's pace. Another bullet sliced into the back of the she-wolf's neck and came back out the other side. The she-wolf's eyes lit in agony before she veered right, almost slamming into Ivory. Ivory bustled back and saw the she-wolf almost crumple at the edge of the forest.

Ivory padded behind her and watched with keen eyes. The she-wolf set the pup down at the edge of the forest with blood now oozing from her shoulder and from the two wounds on her neck. The blood had begun to drip on the pup's pelt. The pup whimpered as she turned round blue eyes on her mother.

The she-wolf murmured encouragement to the pup before lapping the blood from the pup's fur. Once she was finished she let out a deep howl. She then licked the pup between the ears and tears streamed down her pelt. The she-wolf looked into the pup's eyes before backing up, slowly at first before turning the whole way and bolting.

"Wait," cried Ivory as she watched the she-wolf abandoning her pup. By the way that the she-wolf's underbelly swooped and the way that she smelled like milk Ivory knew that that pup was hers. She was the mother and that pup was her daughter. "You can't leave you pup!"

The she-wolf couldn't hear her. The she-wolf turned away and pushed into the forest. It wasn't long before she slumped to the ground, her body finally giving up on her. She panted madly and turned her head to lap at her shoulder. The blood still gushed out and Ivory knew that she was losing blood, fast.