+11+

Listen as you read please :)

Grace Xiu

Just seconds in the garden, I found Jimin sitting down against a huge, thick tree.

The tree was huge and tall. The branches and leaves it carried looked drawn on because it was so perfect. The grass and flowers around it were clean and it was a perfect place to sit down on.

Leaves were falling down slowly and the entire scene looked like it came out of a book or something.

I slowly made my way to him.

Careful with my feet, so I wouldn't make too much noise.

Once I got closer to Jimin, I could see what he was doing clearer.

He had his head up and resting against the tree. His eyes were closed, his face was relaxed. He had one leg bent and the other leg straight out. One hand was resting on the knee that was bent and his other was besides him, keeping it steady.

He didn't look happy, but he looked relaxed.

This place is so wonderfully calm.

I sat down on the other side of the tree trunk and listened to him breathe.

It was steady, and so clear.

I stayed still for awhile until I finally came to a conclusion on what I wanted to say to him.

I didn't plan much. I really didn't know what to say...

What could I do to make him feel better?

"Everybody makes mistakes." I said, out loud, as softly as I could manage.

I didn't see Jimin, but I could tell he was startled because of the sounds of the leaves crunching underneath him.

"I've made many mistakes in the past. Everyone does. Don't listen to Cathy-"

"Right. I shouldn't listen to Cathy. It's not like she's right or anything. Oh wait, she is right. Everything she said was right!"

I was taken back.

He really isn't feeling himself right now.

I guess I'm not the only one having a horrible weekend.

"I know everyone makes mistakes, but for me, everywhere I go, mistakes are thrown back at me no matter what." Jimin confessed. "Whether I would go shopping and I would notice groups of girls watching me and they think they're quiet, but I can hear every insult from them. I could be walking down the street and I would somehow come across a magazine with our names written all over it."

I nodded, but he couldn't see me.

"I wanted to believe you and have fun this weekend. I wanted to forget about everything. I wanted to leave my past. Then, BOOM, my mistakes came back to punch me in the face."

I stayed quiet. I wanted to listen.

But, I had no idea what to tell him, except that things will be alright.

How would I know, though?

And how would he believe me?

"Being here is more stressful than being at my home. It's like I'm trapped in the past." Jimin sighed. "It's worse because I know I should be having fun..."

I stared at the green grass and thought.

As Jimin was talking, I started picking white flower petals and laying them out on the grass to create something.