+48+

Jimin Park

I stayed seated for a whole 2 minutes, loosening my tie, clearing my throat, and panting.

I'm so nervous.

Is it ok to be nervous?

Right. Right. Right.

I turned away from the table and rested my hands on my knees. I leaned over and took a few breaths.

Maybe it's not normal to be THIS nervous...

Is it?

I don't know.

Maybe?

Damn, why am I freaking out?

Damn. Damn. Damn.

It's just been so long since I saw Gra-...agh, I can't even say her name without getting tingly inside.

Tingle. Tingle.

Now that I think about it, I actually haven't seen her since that night at the store...

Where I....yeah....

Great.

Now I'm even more nervous.

I tried swallowing the lumps that formed in my throat, but it wouldn't go away. It just grew and grew, making it feel like I can't breathe normally.

I need to step outside.

Just for a few moments.

I stood up from the chair, hands fiddling around, and made my way towards the closest emergency exit I could find.

The cool air brushed against my face softly when I exited the building, making me feel better already.

I closed my eyes and leaned against the wall with my hands in my pant pockets.

Breathe.

Breathe.

Breathe.

"Grace, I missed you..." I whispered.

Should I say that?

No...no, I should do better.

I coughed. "G-Grace- ah, I shouldn't stutter. Stuttering isn't good."

Have I always been this bad at talking?

I coughed again and again. "Grace, yo-you look really.....really....beautiful and pretty and....."

Maybe a pick up line?

I turned towards the wall and tried to picture Grace standing in front of me.

My heart sped. "Grace, out of 10, I would rate you a 9...I'm the 1 you need."

I sighed and smacked my forehead.

I'll look like a complete idiot if I say that!

I have to be manly.

Manly Jimin.

I rested my elbow on the brick wall and attempted to be like one of those guys in those Korean dramas.

"Hey, girl," I cleared my throat, like a man. "You, me, my bedroom. I-If you want. I mean, I won't force you."

I really suck at this!

I went back to leaning against the wall. I stared down at the concrete in deep thought.

"Grace, it's been awhile."

I shook my head.

"Grace, how have you been? Good? Happy? Fine?"