+27+

Grace Xiu

The car ride was silent.

Super.

Super.

Unusual.

Our car rides are lit. They're loud and they consist of screaming songs. We scream so loud, people driving next to us will stare. We scream so loud to the point where the song we're singing to, can't be heard.

But this ride...

Was dead silent.

Ashley drove while Jasmine sat in the passenger seat. I wanted to lay down in the back and have the room to myself.

I didn't know if I should break the silence. I felt a bit awkward after having to reject someone in front of my girls like that.

Someone, meaning Jimin.

I know they want answers. I know they want to know every single detail of what EXACTLY is happening right now.

But I don't even know.

After this morning, I felt so odd inside.

Even more odd.

I can add it to my odd collection.

So stupid.

I was having such a sweet moment with Jimin, then my thoughts just came and ruined it.

It's like I have bad anxiety now. I worry too much now. I didn't worry THAT much before, but now....I'm.....different.

I felt like I'm betraying my heart to satisfy my mind. I felt like I was being fake to the one piece that made me real.

I wanted to tell Jimin everything that was going through my mind. I wanted to cry and have him hug me again. I wanted to be vulnerable in front of him and have him kiss me on the forehead.

I really, truly did.

But, I'm too scared to.

Why?

What if he doesn't understand?

What if he goes back to hating me?

What if I go back to being sad about him?

What if he start to think that I'm conceited?

Even more...

My mind is making me think these things. It's making me doubt everything. My heart wants Jimin, but my mind is saying "no".

That's what bothers me.

It makes me feel so conflicted inside.

How do I choose?

What do I choose?

How can I decide?

Damn.

This weekend hit me hard.

=

Jasmine

"Grace is asleep." I said to Ash, turning back to look at the sleeping beauty in the backseat. "She's passed out."

"Do you think she's alright?"

I sighed. "She's definitely not. But, I don't know if she wants to spill yet. She's probably trying to get her thoughts together before she shares."

"I think it's best if we ask as soon as we can. You know....to avoid any more misunderstandings."

"Yeah. Did you see the way she rejected Jimin back there?"