+33+

Jasmine Vu

It's been almost 8 hours and it was now bright and early in the next morning. Last night, the nurse came in and removed the wires from Grace's skin, but told us to keep her resting.

We stayed with her the whole time.

Ashley and I fell asleep on the bed with Grace.

I felt shaking on my arm and I instantly opened my eyes.

Grace was awake.

She was crying.

"Grace!" I gasped and started to wipe her tears away. "Grace, why are you crying?"

"I-I...I hate this society we live in." She cries and turns to me. "And I hate...I hate..."

Ashley wakes up and furrows her brows. "Was it someone? Tell me their name, I'll pound them all the way the hell."

Grace shakes her head. "It's everybody. Too many people, I can't count."

"Grace, sweetie, what did you do?" I asked, grabbing her hands. "Why?"

She started to cry even more. "I wanted to leave this cruel world."

"Honey, that's not the way to do it." Ashley says and carefully hugs her. "Never do this again, please."

"I'll try." She sobbed.

"We're never leaving you, you hear me? We're gonna make sure this never happens again."

We stayed with her for more hours and kept her in our arms and comfort until she was ready to talk to us about...what caused it.

"Jimin." She sighed.

Ashley immediately stood up and walked for the door.

"Ash! Where are you going?" I called.

"I'm gonna find that bipolar son of a b*tch. I'm done with his ass. Done! He's done too much to Grace and I can't stand it!" She hisses and opens the door.

"Wait. Ashley, come back!" Grace weakly yells. "Don't do it!"

Ashley takes two deep breaths and closes the door. She walks back and sits back down on the bed.

"I just can't with him anymore." She shakes her head. "I really am done with him."

"I am too, Ash. We all are."

"Wh-What time is it?" Grace asks.

I stood up and opened the curtains to let the morning sun shine through the room.

"It's 10 in the morning. You've been here for almost 2 whole days now." I said, staring out the window and at the sky.

I looked down and there was a large crowd of people holding up signs and carrying many things in their arms.

I wanted to open the window, but it wouldn't open.

"Grace, I bet all these people are for you." I say.