+29+

Grace Xiu

I wiped my eyes and pressed a wet towel against my eyes to decrease the redness. I cleaned around the bathroom again and sprayed some scent, so my bathroom didn't smell like something died.

The doorbell rang a couple times before I could finish in my room. I run downstairs, fixing my shirt, and looked through the peephole.

What in the hell.

It was Jimin.

"F**k." I muttered. "F**k. F**k. F**k."

Should I open it?

What is he doing? What do I do?

He knows I'm home. He knows I wanted to stay home. He knows I'm free. Does he know that I'm kinda trying to be isolated from humanity right now?

What does he want?

Ugh, too curious.

I opened the door and faked a smile.

He stood there, straight and tall, biting his bottom lip. He seemed anxious or eager, but he didn't look relaxed.

"Hey, Jimin." I leaned against the door and took more closer looks at him. "What brings you by?"

"Hey, Grace." He coughs out awkwardly. "Uh, I wanted to check up on you. Um, to see how you're doing...."

I nodded.

"Can I-"

"Oh, yeah, yeah, of course." I opened the door completely and motioned him inside.

He went in, took off his shoes and his coat. He was wearing only a black tee and black jeans with black Timberlands.

And, whoa, he looked so good right now.

I probably looked like a big mess.

Wearing black spandex and a loose, white tee with my hair in a messy ponytail. My face didn't help much either.

My confidence went down so much.

Who am I?

"Are you hungry?" I asked, opening the fridge. "I can cook something for us. I haven't ate, so..."

Please say yes.

I want to cook, so I would have something to do and not just sit with him and have an awkward conversation.

I felt so....awkward.

He probably felt awkward too.

"Alright. I can go for your cooking. It's been awhile since I had your food." He smiled with a bit of his teeth showing.

I laughed. "The last time, you said I shouldn't be in the kitchen."

"I was just trying to be a gentleman, so you wouldn't think that I think women BELONG in kitchens." He playfully defended with his hands up.

"That's not how it works."

"If I said that you belonged in a kitchen, I would've been buried right now!"

We both started laughing.

Awh, man. I loved these moments.

I took a few minutes, scanning the fridge, but finding nothing.

Welp, there goes that.

I pull out some ice cream from the freezer and held it up for Jimin to see. "I should make my famous ice cream bowl. I haven't made it in so long."

"Oooo. Do you have enough whipped cream?"

I pull out a pack of whipped cream bottles and winked towards him. "Never run out of whipped cream."