Chapter Fourteen

-Edited-

Taylor's POV

------------------

"I'm very serious when I say this. Okay?" She nodded her head showing she understood. "We have to tell the cops."

I was so confused and pissed off. How could her dad ever do that!? And what about her mom!? I had so many questions, but I knew now was not the best time. She'll tell me when she's ready.

Sophia's POV

-------------------

For a few minutes I thought about the idea of telling the cops, weighing the good and bad. If we tell them and my dad isn't arrested in time, I don't even want to think what would happen. He could even kill me, I shivered just at the thought.

Or, I could tell, and have the possibility of never ever having to deal with this again.

I'd rather take a chance.

"We're going to tell." I said with confidence. This is something I had to do.

"Once again we're going to need my moms help, we can't do this by ourselves." Tay sighed.

-

Here I was again, sitting in front of Taylor's mom, telling her something that could change my life.

"Honey, why didn't you tell me sooner? She asked, tears in her eyes. "We could have done something."

"I was so scared." I explained. "Trust me I thought about telling. But every time he would beat me he would tell me terrible stuff would happen if I told. I had to deal with it for so long! Everyday was like torture. That's why I was always dating a new guy! The more people I dated, the more people I felt like cared about me, to replace my family. Well, some of them cared about me. And that brings me to Nash. I love him so much! I've never felt like this before, and if I were to get pregnant with anyone's baby, I'm glad it's his." I spilled. I had never told anyone all my feelings, so it's a relief.

"Sophia." Taylor's mom said, putting her hand on my shoulder. "We care about you, and we always will no matter what. We want what's best for you. Telling is what's best."

-

Finally her mom called the cops, and explained everything to them. My dad was arrested an hour later with court quickly schedualed for tomorrow. Luckily Taylor's mom is a paralegal, and an attourny from her law firm is willing to help free of charge given the circumstances.

I am very thankful to have Taylor and her mom, people who actually care about me. I have no idea what I would do without them. If I was still alive, I would probably go back to my old habits.

Tomorrow morning me and Tay are going to get new outfits for court. Two sixteen year old definitely don't just own something to wear for something like that.

So now here I am laying in bed not able to go to sleep. Taylor is beside me already asleep. Whenever I can't sleep I have a bad habit of over thinking things. Which exactly what I"m doing. Bad thoughts start crawling into my mind.

6 billion people in this world and I'm the one that got stuck with the abusive father, the non-caring mother. I'm the one who ended up 16 and pregnant. I'm the one who ended up with the screwed up life. Why me?

I hope my mom was arrested as well, she deserves it.

Soon the thoughts started to slip away as I slowly and silently cried myself to sleep.

__________________________________________________________________________

Okay, sorry this is even SHORTER than my usual chapters, but I need a filler chapter before one of Sophia's biggest chapters in this story. I'll update tomorrow though!!!!! (maybe)

-xoxo, Taylor 😘