This Day

As of noon, the day's mental checklist has been blessed with your virgin checkmarks and nothing pleased you more than an achieved list

As of noon, the day's mental checklist has been blessed with your virgin checkmarks and nothing pleased you more than an achieved list. It all meant that you were so close to becoming a responsible and organised member of society.

Your dream.

However, grateful as you were, some of these satisfactory achievements were a work of fate and perhaps a dash of bad luck and 2 tablespoons of poor self-control all in the making of what this day highlighted:

1. Waking up in a good mood.

2. Eating a healthy breakfast.

3. Nailing the date.

4. Getting engaged.

5. Getting interrogated by teenagers with a ribbon tied around your wrists.

"Miss, are you gifted?" a blond angel asked you cheerfully flashing his purest smile.

Awed by how adorable he is, you gazed at him while sighing, "No."

"See, Atsushi-kun? She's saying the truth!"

The worn out, grey-haired teen didn't even bother to comment when he nodded his head with an air of submission. He returned to you to continue the interrogation, "have you been to Matsuda's Café as of late?"

"Yes," you answer truthfully, nodding.

In fact, that's where the date started. You were, then, taken to a secluded area by a port you were all too familiar with. A place that was never an eligible proposal spot, to you, and yet the magical moment forced itself right where the most beautiful sensation of the ocean was and where he had slipped the diamond ring into your finger.

That's how you became an engaged woman, but you didn't necessary enough to mention. You didn't even know the reason why you were dragged into the Armed Detective Agency. Thus, you exercised caution with what was coming out of your painted lips.

You were just here to witness what cute can be.

Out of nowhere, came a young girl dressed in a kimono who placed a cup of tea before you on the wooden table.

Why?

Why is this place filled with cute things?

You started wondering whether today was your birthday with all these good things happening to you. But the teamwork of your rationality, past and the day's date slammed down any possibility of that assumption.

On last year's birthday, you had a baby boy launch his rocket on you to pee all over your face and chest.

His mother said that it was for good luck.

But your luck never existed.

Your existence was proof enough.

"Umm... Kyouka-chan..." Atsushi trailed off with a sweat drop as his eyes drifted from the teacup to the young lady.

"Consider your next attempt a success 'cause this phone will have Dazai Osamu on the blocked list," came an agitated threat that had an affect on Atsushi, only. The poor thing suffered from a wave of icy shivers starting from the top of his head to his toes.

"You always end up answering and helping me, anyways~!" Another foreign voice sounded from behind the closed door to the workplace.

The door swung open with the agitated man's reply, "only since you're lucky enough to think of suicide when something urgent takes place in the agency! Huh?"

A blond, smartly presented man stared at you with an evident scowl. Soon after another curious face showed up as it also inspected the place, much like the spectacled man, but with less intensity to his gaze and features.

"Explain," the blond man ordered turning his gaze to Atsushi while the brunet kept his eyes on you, raising the level of your discomfort.

Atsushi stood on trembling legs with his butt perked, "y-you see, Kunikida-san. This woman is... our suspect."

"Suspect?" Kunikida asked staring at the red ribbon a little longer than needed before glancing at your untouched cup of tea.

The room fell into an eerie silence before the brunet cheered, "No matter! Leave it to us!"

Without a second wasted, the teens scurried off to their desks letting your new interrogators take their seat on the couch before you.

Now it felt like you were really interrogated.

It was certainly cute when Atsushi and the blond, small bean were questioning you, but now the real deal clashed in.

Two grown men sat before you.

One with a glint to his glasses and dominance in the way he was seated while the other was leaned in with his fingers knitted before his lips.

As for his gaze.

No matter how you try to deny it, his eyes were pinpointed on you as if you were the only thing he could see in a dark setting. It felt as if you were stripped from the layers that covered and protected your naked self. The intensity made you think that meeting his eyes would most likely help him edge closer towards your sensitive core.

Finding solace in the indifferent yet cautious gaze of the blond man, you kept your eyes on him hoping this would come to a very soon closure.

"Using your methods on us won't work, so I suggest truth is all you can provide," Kunikida spoke in rigid formality, completely contrasting to how he had spoken with the teens and the man seated beside him.

You couldn't control fear from taking over since this turn of events might mean that you slipped up and were, indeed, their 'suspect'. You desperately wish this to be a simple misunderstanding.

Losing your job might as well end your life completely.

"Kunikida-kun, let me," the brunet spoke seriously and calmly all the while keeping his gaze on your shifting eyes, "she won't lie to me."

Getting no response from his partner, the bandaged man was suddenly in possession of your tied hands as he yelled calamitously, "how can a beautiful woman be engaged!?"

Startled, you blinked at the unexpected burst of drama and before you could react the bandaged brunet was kicked in the butt and hailed out of your sight by Kunikida. He instantly returned to his calm demeanour, lifting his glasses up the bridge of his nose professionally.

"I doubt the authenticity of her engagement. This woman lives on lying and selling information to whoever offers the money," he turned to you with irritation and a hint of disgust on his face, "do you realise what you do could damage a great deal of large and small businesses alike? Not to mention the most poisonous damage of all is your effect on the affairs of important figures in every field of this city?"