Levels of Agitation

"I wanna break," you whined dropping on the chair and burying your head in folded arms

The president had already spoke of a mission that, for some reason, required Kunikida to explain upon his return.

You, feeling absolute disappointment by Fukuzawa's lack of mercy, didn't even bother to nag him for answers and left to change out of the suffocating wedding dress.

To say that you were excited for the arrival of this day, is a major understatement. You've counted every day to its seconds in anticipation of ending that horrid relationship so relaxation and comfort can finally be met with open arms, yet you had to face this conclusion.

"Oh, come on!" the obnoxious bark of a certain detective crashed into your pity party. "We work twice your workload!"

Immediately, your head snapped to him with the polite smile of a devil, "Oh, yeah? Please tell me more about how you're leading a double life, having to deal with a snobby twat and finishing the paperwork of 8 agents."

"7," Ranpo corrected with a mouthful of gummy bears. "My portion is repaid. Not my fault you won't accept the generous amounts of heavenly junk I offered you," his rant was followed by that high-pitched, annoying laugh he so proudly produced during every place and event.

"You know I'm on a diet, jerk..." you muttered through gritted teeth and before you could terrorize him as you did with Naomi, your phone interrupted the exciting process. For the second time that day.

Almost instantly, you picked the phone and answered, "what?"

"Are you expecting royal guards to deliver an invitation straight to your desk, your highness?" The agitated voice of none other than the ideal fanboy came through the speaker.

"What? You didn't even tell me to come," you replied grimly, unamused by his spiteful approach.

"And now I am, genius! Move i- STOP SQUIRMING AROUND, YOU SUICIDAL MANIAC!"

A monstrous sigh was exhaled out of your chest as you hung up and left the office like a corpse. You grumbled and stomped down the stairs like a rebellious teen fuelled by Kunikida's words and treatment.

Unbeknownst to you, though, an eager bandaged man was actually willing to climb all the way to the agency's office to fetch you. If it weren't for the blonde's firm foot planted on his back, that is.

The moment you stepped into the soft rays of the evening sun, your eyes easily spied two men making a huge ruckus. You groaned not even wanting to get any closer to them; unfortunately, it didn't escape Kunikida's keen ears.

Like the reflexive reaction of a mother, he yelled, his foot tapping against the pavement impatiently and hand waved his Ideals notebook at your face, "What are you waiting for?! We're already behind schedule!"

"Who cares about your schedule?!" Dazai countered with a melodramatic tone. "I didn't get to see (Y/N)-chan in a wedding dress..." he mumbled as streams of agony rolled down his eyes, figure crouched and finger drawing random lines on the floor.

Having Dazai see you in a wedding dress, was an event you wished to never exist in this universe or any alternate universe. You knew he'd react in a way that could bring about all the hues of red to your face.

Something about it made you strangely ecstatic and fuzzy.

Something about it was dangerous and unwanted.

Now extremely reluctant thanks to emotional turmoil, you rigidly made your way to them before Kunikida could make you the next victim of his reprimanding. He reminded you of how your mother would grow the devil's horns at your sibling and all you could do is be on her good side before she could find a reason to admonish you to oblivion.

"If we miss our ride, I'm going to reconstruct your limbs into one!"

"Umm... that's not possible," you dared to comment, genuinely worried about the suicidal man for a change. The Ideal fanboy seemed more on edge than ever before and you weren't particularly excited to witness the aftermath of his anger at its full potential.

"I don't have time to talk about that nonsense!" the vexed man grumbled adjusting his glasses. "This is a rescue mission. If we don't make use of every second, the kidnappers might as well be dining with a corpse for decoration, tonight."

"That amazing illustration took 56 seconds to be described, Ku-ni-ki-da-kun~!" Dazai sang after his speedy recovery from the land of gloom. "Way to make use of your seconds."

You sighed for the millionth time that day when the moody blond cursed and yelled at the chocking suicidal maniac.

This got to be the worst day ever and it was nowhere near its ending.