"You need me."

A deep, weighty sigh was exhaled from your chest and your hand worked on fanning away the accumulating heat of embarrassment on your face

With all that's taken place, you were more than appreciative of the fact that when you solve the riddle, you'll be able to deny the occurrence of these events in your life.

Once you go back to your original timeline and beat the daylight out the asshole who made all this possible. Just thinking of straddling him under your wrath and having your hands for his first and last chokers fueled you to visit the Demon's, your previous boss, base.

Currently, you were monitoring the area, remaining alert to any Mafioso's movement as you knew well that Arata exaggerates when it comes to security; so there should be a member patrolling the premises and reporting the activity to their executive.

Preoccupied with the building's residents, you were startled to hear the sound of a metallic object falling on the ground. Only when you made sure it was just a trivial object with your own eyes, did your body relax and release a sigh of relief.

The moment of silence didn't last for long, however, as abruptly, a body descended from above you with their claws scratching down the wall.

Adrenaline kicked in at the sight of the threat and you found yourself bolting out of the scene. If their claws didn't make that despicable screech against concrete, you wouldn't have been able to dodge them away from your face.

Your feet ran as fast as they can take you away from Arata's base, exerting all of your energy way too early into the chase. Even though they were about to give out several times, the sharp volume of claws and ruckus kept them kicking until your lungs emptied.

At first, you were running with fear as your only guide, but now that the threat persisted, you had to think of a way to lose the clawed individual. It was difficult at this point since you had no idea where you were standing. You had two choices: either to hide and hope they wouldn't sniff you out or keep running.

You ran.

Though, you knew they were incredibly fast, you had a gut feeling it would be better to run.

Perhaps, they would give up if you cross a civilian or another executive's area.

Heavy panting, disheveled hair and legs almost giving out yet pushed to their limits at the simple wish of being regarded as a harmless prey, that was your state 3 minutes into the horrendous chase.

The worst part of it all was that the pursuer was closing in on you, so close that they could chop a leg off had you slowed for even a second. You didn't even dare to take one glance at them, it was already clear they were jumping from one concrete wall to the other with the commotion an inhuman predator would make.

Their claws were finally successful in scratching a leg, making you hiss at the sharp pain and almost trip to the ground, but your hand pushed your weight off the ground and clumsily shoved a trash bin in your pursuer's way.

Your lungs burned with the ghastly exercise and your body was about to heed to their warning by tumbling to the ground. Still, you were willing to fight through physical needs until you lost your balance, falling to the ground.

For a brief moment, your time stopped, all you could hear was rapid panting and the sound your ears created, one that resembled the lost signal on a television.

This was it.

The end of the your show.

This is how it would end.

Bracing yourself for the immense pain, you bit your lower lip harshly, shut your eyes firmly and tightened your fists, but felt nothing.

"Now, now. Is that any way to treat a lady?"

Dazai?

Not trusting your senses, you hesitantly turned to meet a long, dark coat draped on none other than Dazai Osamu.

He was standing before your pursuer with a hand on their head, turning their claws into fingers.

"I beg your pardon, Dazai-sama," a deep voice sounded as the man bowed deeply before him. "I was only following Arata-sama's orders. Please excuse me."

Dazai kept his eyes on the bowed head before him and when the pursuer stood to meet his superior's eyes, the brunette dismissed him with a gesture of his hand. Instantly, the threat you so feared was an obedient gentleman.

The man gave you a glance before he vanished from your sight.

You were shaken by the brief contact and your hand clasped your shirt desperately as you released a trembling breath, "my god..."

"Aren't you a lucky one?" Dazai questioned in dramatic bewilderment. "I was on my way to Arata's when you decided to start the party without me. How impatient."

"... why?" your muffled question eventually was voiced.

"Why else?" the brunette retorted, making you look up at him. He offered a hand and softly said:

"You need me."