Naomi's Fright

After staring at the noisy female judgingly, you sighed choosing another peaceful day

While it's true that you were ordered to fix this computer's problem, there also was a need to stop Naomi from cursing and abusing her keyboard in this very rare, agents-free day.

"There," you offered prior to pressing on the key: 'Enter'.

"Eh? You actually have talents besides toying with men?" Naomi commented astonished.

A sigh escaped softly from your lips interrupting the process of a raging volcano from taking place. "If this is about your brother... just give me a break. I'm not interested."

Naomi pushed you out of her way by the hip and sat on her wheelchair. "Even if you were, I'll beat you with my appeal~!" She boasted with an overly dramatic fit of laughter.

Your eyes lazily gazed on as Naomi displayed her defensive mechanism shamelessly against the ultimate man-eater, AKA (L/N) (F/N).

Nothing can be said about Naomi's sense of justice, but you were more than certain that the girl won't let her guards down until she knows that her brother is safe from your cunning ways.

The thought alone that someone believes you'd stoop so low as to romantically pursue a younger male is just really... sad.

As you wallowed in self-pity, something caught your attention on Naomi's screen and you couldn't help but voice your curiosity, "What happened to the Gifted Murderer case?"

"I don't really have time for chit-chat. This report needs to be edited and delivered to the PD ASAP," the teen mumbled urgently keeping her eyes glued to the screen.

Congratulations, Tanizaki Naomi! You have succeeded in ripping the last thread of patience (L/N) (Y/N) holds so dearly.

Everything was acceptable, even tolerable, but when your patience runs out and the cause of that is an ill-mannered minor, that's when all hell breaks loose.

Before your brain even had a chance to think of a plan to quench the flames of anger within you, your hand was already wrapped around the cable of the device ready to act on the worst case scenario.

Once the deed was done, Naomi gasped so loud at her reflection on the black screen and turned to you like a gaping fish. "How dare you!?" she finally found her voice to say and leaped to straddle you with the intent of a butcher.

Since you were totally not aware of how monstrous Naomi can be, you squeaked from the shock and reflexively dodged her attempt by running to Ranpo's empty desk. Hurriedly and very clumsily, you fumbled with a plastic bag in his drawer and pulled out a deadly weapon.

The seething woman halted now wearing a mortified expression as she rose her hands in surrender. You, on the other hand, sucked all of her confidence and proceeded to corner her with a devilish grin. "This is the shoe Ranpo-san wore when he stepped on horse poop," you reminded her. "And I'm thinking of doing the man a favour by wiping it clean with you."

"No! No! No! Noooooo!" Naomi repeated tripping on one of the cables and falling on her behind.

Oh how the tables have turned.

Now you were the one straddling the woman and terrorising her with Ranpo's shoe as you scolded like a gangster, "Why you giving me attitude? Huh?"

"I'll answer your question!" Naomi instantly replied pleadingly. "JUST GET THAT THING AWAY FROM MEEE!"

"Speak!" You commanded starting to enjoy the role of the oppressor when in reality, the scene seemed way too dramatic to be taken seriously.

"He has some sort of personality complex and he's been writing to his dead twin brother and keeping the letters in that room."

"What was in the letters?" You asked squinting your eyes at her and bringing the shoe closer to Naomi's face.

She stuttered gawking at the dirt evident in the shoe, "Just... JUST STUFF THAT HAPPENS IN HIS LIFE! LIKE A DIARY!"

Just when you were about to question the authenticity of her answer, your phone's alarm rang through the tension, saving Naomi from your wrath.

It was almost time for your wedding.

Sighing in frustration, you rose above the confused girl, but not before delivering the final blow, "See? This is another way of getting intel aside from seduction."