Bad Romance

Completely taken aback, you snapped your head towards Dazai's calm expression while your head jumbled up in innumerable thoughts

Who's Dazai Osamu to begin with?

You didn't know, but you did know that there was much more to the goofy and innocent side he likes to display all the time.

His first impression wasn't negative or positive. It had only left you confused and extremely uncomfortable around him, however as time passed the stiffness melted down mainly because he was too cute to dismiss.

Even cuteness, your most dangerous weakness, wasn't a good enough reason to fully accept Dazai. You've come to the point where only his presence was acceptable. As for blending Dazai Osamu's character into your daily surroundings, now that was too hard to even attempt to do. Too dangerous, even.

Your experience with a number of people had taught you that quiet men aren't the ones to be feared, it's the bright and innocent ones that are the most mysterious and alerting. The most terrifying.

It made sense that those who have truly suffered unimaginable emotional damage, would want to blend with people as easily as possible. It's probably the only way they can be close to humanity.

"I don't know..." you finally answered. "I don't... think, I'd ever be able to deceive you."

"(Y/N)..." Dazai called your name, touched. "That's the most romantic thing you've ever said to me~!" He beamed with twinkling, starry eyes as he jumped in front of you almost dropping your heart to the pit of your stomach.

Too cute...

Instantly, you averted your eyes to the strangers passing by and quite casually delivered a tragic end to the lively twinkling stars with your remark, "your definition of romantic is questionable."

"Yeah... I guess. I don't think it's safe." He admitted intertwining his fingers behind his head.

I don't think choking each other is so hot.

Not even bothering to relay your previous thought, you dully looked ahead while asking everything Good and Pure to prevent an accident where Dazai's elbow harasses your delicate head.

"(Y/N)-chan." The brunette called seeming to have noticed your mental absence. "I'm still curious about something else: How come you didn't run away when the Boss asked you to join us? I'm sure you were smart enough to agree and never show your face again."

"I'm also smart enough to know how powerful the Agency is," you sighed having no energy to talk about this topic in particular.

The bandaged man dropped his arms to his sides and gave you a look that made you question the purpose of your brain's existence.

"No one knew who you were when you came for the first day of work. Not even Kunikida-kun and that says a lot about your skills with makeup and clothes," he reasoned.

You lifted up your arms as a brief explanation came out of your lips, "well, let's just say that the agency won't be the only one coming after me."

"Who else would?" Dazai asked plainly.

Wishing this to remain as light and friendly as possible, you chose your next words sarcastically, "why else, but the beautiful God-sent angels: My clients and/or the ones I deceived."

"Honey! By then your knight in shining armour, me," he paused to point at himself. "Would extend you a suicide invitation~!"

"No, thanks," you deadpanned.

"Oh, come on, I can tell you just hate it all!"

"Then why don't you stop bothering me and sympathise... a bit?"

You looked at him in anticipation as he looked back with not emotions. That went on for a moment or so until he wrecked down any hope you were building with the innocence of a hypocritical: "No~!"

"B-bastard," You muttered with blushed cheeks and a hand clutching your wounded heart.

"Oh, we're here already?" Dazai ceased his forced, fake laughter that was mandatory to complete his antagonist role and looked up the old building.

Without a moment of hesitation, you mimicked his action and noticed your heartbeats accelerating with the flow of many emotions that were supposed to be buried deep into the chest of your past.

"Dazai-san," you called as a certain and painfully, clear realisation dawned on you. "What are the odds that, right at this moment, I'm undertaking an Agency Entrance Exam?"