Chapter 36

***********************

Slowly, things oddly seemed to start to settle down. At first, the police came to investigate and asked me questions and I told them the same thing, I had told my Mom. At my insistence, they closed the case. The local news reporters also came to interview me, whom also got bored once they figured they wouldn't be going anywhere with the news.The grave that had been made for me at the cemetery was taken down and mom also introduced me to the man of her life now, Dan. I guess they had recently gotten married and I could tell that when Mom told me that, she expected me to lay the guilt card on her. But I was happy, she needed someone after Dad had died, and Dan was really a good guy. I knew he wasn't Dad, but someone Mom needed in her life.

The townsfolk also came to visit me and even some of my classmates; well the ones that hadn't left for college yet. I guess Mom had called Stacy because she had flown from Florida to come and visit me. Her, and Amber , and I had a girls night out, for old times sake. Weeks turned into months, and everything calmed down. Jake and Amber soon got together to nobody's surprise and had gone off 'to travel the world' as they had said. Seth had gone back to finish the rest of his high school years and Sean joined him; It seemed like those two were inseparable. Chase had also disappeared, telling Justin that he was leaving back to Australia and Zoe had tagged along with him. I could totally see something brewing up between them. And speaking of Justin...

We had broken up two weeks I came back home.... SIKKKKE just kidding we are still together. I'd introduced him to my Mom as my boyfriend which she seemed more pleased about then she should be. With his help, I'd finished off the last few months of my high school I'd missed online and gotten my G.E.D. Sadly Cambride didn't let me in anymore, even though they had accepted my application, but that didn't really make me that sad. Not as much as the old Brooklyn probably would have been.

Our relationship is stronger than ever and I knew that it would be like that. No matter what happened, and what we went through, we would always be together and nothing would change that. Nothing.

*********************************

I KNOW THAT WAS REALLY SHORT, AND DONT WORRY ITS JUST ONE MORE CHAPTER LEFT...SADLY I KNOW ,BUT THE LAST CHAPTER OF THE STORY WILL BE LONGER...AND THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE SOONER