#6

'Sweetcheeks come on you love swimming?' His eyes begging her 'No Jacob, not today, I can't' Connie sighed turning and walking away from Jacob 'but why?',  'I just don't want to' Jacob gently grabbed her wrist causing Connie to wince in pain, Jacob looked at her confused 'Connie what happened?' He watched as she gently rubbed her wrist, he looked up into her eyes, he watched as they filled with tears.

Jacob gently walked Connie over to a park bench, pulling her to sit on his lap, 'Connie....sweetcheeks....you're worrying me what is it?' He gently ran his fingers through her hair, he knew it relaxed her, Connie slowly laid back against him 'Jacob can we go to your house and then I'll tell you' he nodded, kissing her forehead gently 'of course baby, I'd do anything to make you happy'.

The walk back to Jacob was silent, he watched as Connie brain was working over what to tell him, their fingers weaved together, Jacob gently squeezing her hand giving her a reminder he was there for her always.

'Hey ma...me and Connie are just going up in my room'

Connie raced up in Jacob room and curled up in to all against the wall, while Jacob grabbed them both a glass of water.

Jacob walked into the room hearing her sob quietly, he climbed on the bed and pulled her against him, wrapping his arms around her tight, not wanting to let go 'I..want...my...Mum....i....hate...this....not.....having...her' he turned her so her head was now resting on his chest, her body shaking as the tears finally flowed.

'Sweetcheeks, she'd be so proud of you, you're doing so well....honesty I'm so proud of you but you're Mum...she smiling down on you, I promise' Connie shook her head 'no...no she isn't...she left me.....she left me with him....he horrible Jacob.....he...he....it doesn't matter'.

Jacob cupped Connie face, running his thumbs over her cheeks 'what princess...please tell me' Connie turned her face away, she moved away from Jacob grip as she climbed off the bed, she slowly lifted her top up, revealing the bruises and burns that her father had inflicted on her.

Jacob eyes widened, his mouth hung open as he looked over Connie's body, Connie quickly covered her body up again and quickly headed to the door.

Jacob raced to the door as his brain finally caught up with him, he opened his arms to her, Connie shook her head 'no...no...I'm not worth it...find someone better' Jacob pulled her in to him, both of them falling to the floor in each other's embrace 'no Connie you're all I want, you're all I'll ever need, I'll protect, he won't hurt you again'.

Connie fell asleep in his arms that night, Jacob just watched as she slept, anger building up inside of him, he would do anything to protect her.

'Mum.....Mum.....earth to Mum' Connie shook her head coming out of her daydream 'sorry baby was miles away' Hollie smiled 'I could tell, anywhere nice' Connie just smiled 'just thinking' Hollie snuggled into Connie side 'I missed you today' Connie kissed Hollie head 'missed you to sweetie, come on let's get home'.

'I had an idea, why don't we go for a swim, it's Saturday and I don't have work and you don't have rehearsal until later' Hollie nodded 'I'd like that, we haven't swam together for ages, bet I can bet you' Connie laughed 'we're see'.

Connie came out of the changing room in a black bikini, Hollie came out with a towel wrapped around her, Connie frowned 'sweetie wants wrong?' Hollie shrugged 'nothing..I...it.....I just don't feel all that great and this bikini...me....next to you....I'm not as good' her head lowered as she said the last part, Connie stepped closer to her daughter lifting her chin to look into her eyes 'Hollie Jaya Beauchamp, you are just as, if not more prettier than me, you have a beautiful soul and a warm and lovely personality, it's not just what you look like on the outside but also what you look like and feel like on the inside and to me you are utterly beautiful' Hollie struggled 'you have to say that because you're my Mum' Connie shook her head 'I said it because it's true' Hollie smiled and hugged her Mum 'come in let's go'.

Connie watched as Hollie swam confidently through the water, Connie thought her daughter was confident but was now starting to think she wasn't as confident as she first thought, was something happening at school? Was it a boy?.

Connie watched as Hollie climbed out the pool, noticing a huge bruise on Hollie's side, she swam straight over and climbed out walking to Hollie 'sweetheart how did you hurt you're side?' Hollie looked and pulled a face 'dunno must have done it in dance rehearsal', Connie ran her hand over it gently 'are you sure? Nothing happening at school?' Hollie shook her head and jumped back into the pool 'bet I can beat you to that side of the pool' she swam off before Connie could quiz her anymore.