#23

Two week had soon past, Connie hadn't left Hollie's side 'Mrs Beauchamp, I suggest you go home and rest tonight' he smiled as he spoke to her 'I'm going to start wearing Hollie off the medication and hopefully she'll wake up tomorrow...but...' Connie's eyes widen worry setting into her 'she'll need you and so will Mr Masters after the operation....I think you both need a night at home, please...please get plenty of rest and do not rush in tomorrow morning, I want to start weaning her off tonight and hopefully she'll be completely off by the time you come in tomorrow morning but I really would prefer to do it when you're both well rested'.

Jacob walked into the room, a cheerful smile on his face, Doctor Chimes turned to him and smiled 'hello' before he turned back to Connie 'go on...go sleep in a proper bed...I'll make sure someone checks on her regularly' Connie looked to Hollie then back to him slowly nodding 'okay'.

Doctors Chimes left the room Jacob looked confused as he watched Connie pulling her coat on, she leant down and kissed Hollies head 'I'll...we're be back tomorrow, I love you babygirl' she turned to Jacob 'come on let's, go grab dinner and get some sleep' she held out her hand to him, he smiled taking it and squeezing it, 'let me just kiss her goodnight, then I'm all yours sweetcheeks'.

Connie bit the corner of her lip hearing her nickname, her heart melted as she watched him, kissing her forehead and listening to him talking to her 'right princess, we're just going for a few hours, we're be back in the morning, ready for when you wake up' he took her hand 'I'm here for the long haul, me and you're Mum, we love you so very much and I can't wait to see that smile on you're face again'.

Jacob slowly turned toward Connie walking away from Hollie's bed, he took her hand in his as they walked to the door together, Connie stopped at the door turning back to look at Hollie 'goodnight my babygirl, I love you' she blew a kiss to Hollie, closing her eyes as she took a deep breath before walking out of the room again.

They reached Connie car, Jacob cupped her face 'she'll get through this, you both will' Connie fell into his chest, holding him tight to her 'come home with me, I can't stay there on my own without her, it hurts to much' he kissed her forehead 'of course I will, I'd go anywhere with you, but can we stop at mine to grab a few things'.

He stood outside her house, he hadn't paid much attention before, but now he could take everything in, he smiled as she took his hand 'come on, it's cold and I want to order a takeaway and climb into a streaming hot bath' he smiled moving inside with her.

He wasn't shocked at how homely her house felt, Connie wandered into the kitchen while Jacob slowly walked along the hall way looking at all the photos of Hollie and Connie together at various times of their lives, birthday, holidays, Connie university graduation and Christmas everything he wish he could have been part of.

Jacob ran his finger over one of the photos in particular, closing his eyes and taking in her appearance, Connie stood in the doorway, she leant on the doorframe watching him, it was there first photo together, Hollie was minutes old, Connie sat in a hospital be smiling down at her daughter in her arms, he sighed turning away, she smiled at him, she took his hand leading him into the living room.

They sat cuddled up together on the sofa 'she knows what a good man you are and how you wanted to be there for us, she doesn't hate you or anything, she very mature for her age and very open' he kissed the top of her head, he spoke honestly with her 'I'm jealous....I'm jealous of the life you've been able to give her without me....the amazing places you've been to....the smile on her face in all these photos, she looks so happy' Connie turned placing a hand to his cheek 'she was happy but....but I saw the sadness in her eyes watching other dads, she missed you, she wanted you....I heard her crying after sports day and father day breakfast at nursery and school...I may have been able to do these things with her and make her happy but there was always something missing, one role I couldn't for feel and that was the role of her daddy...even thou she said I did'.

After a little while she sat forward 'pizza won't be long, fancy eating it in the bath with me?' He raised an eyebrow and she laughed 'I'm hungry and I need a long soak in the bath, you're more than welcome to join me' he smiled 'I'd love to'.

The doorbell rang he grabbed the pizza before heading upstairs, he stood by the door just watching her, her head resting against the back of the bath, her eyes closed, he could see the stream coming off the water, she could feel someone watching her, she smiled not opening her eyes 'you going to let that pizza get cold or are you going to join me?'.

He laughed as he entered the bathroom 'you look quiet relaxed just there' she sighed 'you're skin against mine always relaxed me more' he smiled at her before quickly stripping down out of his clothes, she moved forward allowing him to slip in closer behind her, she lent back on him she was right, she hadn't felt so relaxed in such a long time, hearing his heart beat, feeling his skin against hers, she'd missed him more than she could ever put into words, her emotions taking over her as the tears rolled down her cheeks.

He held he tighter, he felt the same, he'd waited so long to have them both and now it was here they should be happy but the fear of whether Hollie would pulled through weighting heavy on both their minds.

Their pizza long gone and the bath turning cold, Connie turned to face him, she slowly leant up, their lips millimetres apart, she could feel his breath on her lips, the air leaving her lungs she closed her eyes she licked her lips, she never felt them be so dry as they were in that one moment, 'I've never stopped loving you' Jacob held her face gently, looking into her eyes 'I've always loved you, you've always been my always and forever'.

They both leant in, sharing a kiss, full of passionate, it was slow but full of love, both pulling apart to stand up and climb out the bath, Jacob wrapped a towel around her loving, standing taking in her appearance he slowly dried her off, he lifted her gently and automatically Connie wrapped her legs around his waist, he moved them both into the bedroom.

Jacob slowly laid her down on the bed, running his hands through her hair, she smiled up at him 'are you sure?' He voice full of concern and love for her, she pulled him close 'more than anything'.

They spent hours making love, she'd never been this passionate with anyone other than him, he'd never made love with anyone but her, yes he'd had sex since her but thing came close to the love making he shared with her.

They both lay in a post love making haze, their legs interweaved with each other, he pulled her closer to him, her head and arm laying on his chest, her eyes finally giving into sleep 'I'll love you forever my sweetcheeks, you're my favourite person to fall asleep with and wake up to'.