#8

'So what kind of dance will he be doing?' Elle smiled at her friend taking an interest 'street, tap and think he said he doing ballet with some girl but I think he really like her, doesn't stop talking abut her, Hollie something' he clapped his hands together chuckling to himself 'Go Blake' Elle elbow him 'but seriously Thankyou for coming, it will mean a lot to him' he smiled at Elle as the lights dimmed down.

'Charlie thankyou for coming she'll love the fact you're here' Charlie placed a warm comforting hand on her arm 'Duffy and me wouldn't miss it for the world, we're family' Connie smiled as Duffy came and sat with them 'it's so professional, I mean look at the booklets' Connie laughed 'Hollie been stressing over her photo for weeks, she really wants to get into this dance programme...she actually told me she has a surprise but wouldn't tell me what it was, just that I'd find out in the show'.

'Wow look at that girl, she a fantastic dancer' his eyes not leaving the stage, he watched as Hollie danced around the stage not knowing who she was.

'Thankyou for coming with me, I hate being the single parent that comes alone' he smiled placing his arm around her 'pancake you're always have me, friends for life' Elle laughed 'cheers pudding'.

Hollie had danced in a number of group dances and had done one solo, she was now doing a ballet duet with Blake, the pair had grown close over the last few weeks and they had chosen to put the kiss behind them and concentrate on dance for the time being.

Elle sat forward getting a closer look of this girl 'that's the girl, that's the girl he really likes', Jacob sat forward, watching the pair as they danced 'she reminds me of someone, she very pretty, he got good taste.....she a brilliant dancer to' Elle smiled watching her son, Jacob sat forward, his chins resting on his hands as he watched the pair ' they make a brilliant team'.

Hollie and Blake came off stage, Hollie becoming tired and weak, her legs not being able to keep her up, Blake noticed as Hollie became wobbly, he placed an arm around Hollie's waist 'Hollie are you okay?' She nodded 'I'm fine' he sighed 'don't think I didn't noticed you're little trip as we came off stage' she sighed 'look just a song and one dance and it's over, I can do it' she forced a smile, trying to mask how tired she really was, he took her hand 'I'm not leaving you alone, you're tired and I'm worried' she squeezed his hand 'I'm fine honestly'.

Hollie came back on stage with Liv and two other girls from the group, they stood in the centre of the stage while Hollie stood to one side of the stage with a microphone in her hand, Hollie found Connie in the crowd easily and smiled as Connie waved.

Hollie stood waiting for the music to start, she turned her head to face the side of the stage, where Blake and Hugo stood giving her the thumbs up, her hand shaky as she placed the microphone in the stand.

She licked her lips before the music began to play, her eyes fixing firmly on the ground in front of her.

"A drop in the ocean
A change in the weather
I was praying that you and me might end up together"

Hollie's eyes slowly lifting from the ground into the audience, a hand flying to Connie's mouth as soon as she heard the music

"It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert
But I'm holding you closer than most 'cause you are my heaven"
"I don't wanna waste the weekend
If you don't love me pretend
A few more hours then it's time to go
And as my train rolls down the east coast
I wonder how you keep warm
It's too late to cry
Too broken to move on"

Hollie face relaxing, as she began to relax into the song, her face showing the emotion behind the song, she couldn't bring herself to look at her Mum yet, to scared of her reaction.

The three dancers, taking over the stage as Hollie sang, more dancers slowly coming out and filling in stage doing a ballet number to the song.

"And still I can't let you be
Most nights I hardly sleep
Don't take what you don't need from me"

Jacob watched this young girl sing a song that held so many memories for him, memories of the girl who stole his heart, the girl he longed for so much, closing his eyes remembering the day he sang the song to Connie.

"It's just a drop in the ocean
A change in the weather
I was praying that you and me might end up together
Its like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert
But I'm holding you closer than most 'cause you are my heaven
Misplaced trust and old friends
Never counting regrets
By the grace of God I do not rest at all
And New England as the leaves change"

One pair of Ballet dancers left on the stage, a variety of lifts and moves being done to tell a story of their love, Hollie continued to sing, her eyes meeting Connie's finally, a single tear creep out of her eye as she watched Connie smile so proudly at her daughter.

"The last excuse that I'll claim
I was a boy who loved a women like a little girl
And still I cant let you be"

Connie blew Hollie a kiss, a smile coming to Hollie's face as she sang the rest of the song to her Mum.

Most nights I hardly sleep
"Don't take what you don't need from me
It's just a drop in the ocean
A change in the weather
I was praying that you and me might end up together
It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert
But I'm holding you closer than most 'cause you are my
Heaven doesn't seem far away anymore, no no
Heaven doesn't seem far away, oh oh
A drop in the ocean
A change in the weather
I was praying that you and me might end up together
It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert
But I'm holding you closer than most 'cause you are my heaven
You are my heaven"

The audience stood up clapping for Hollie, Hollie took a bow, her head feeling dizzy, her eyes heavy, her legs wobbly, Hollie began to walk away she collapsed on stage, Hugo pulled the curtain down, as Connie, Charlie and Duffy rushed to her.