#9

It was all such a blur to Connie, from the moment she saw her daughter collapse, her eyes blurred, tears rolling down her cheeks, the doctor in her failing to come out, just the mother in her wanting to be with her daughter, fear washing over her as she raced to Hollie, Charlie and Duffy not far behind her.

'Hollie...princess it's Mummy...I'm here baby' holding Hollie's hand as Charlie did the initial assessment, Hollie's dance teacher on the phone to emergency services while Duffy helped Charlie.

'Elle do you think we should help?' Elle looked around as everyone started to leave 'I think they will have it covered, if I remember correctly Blake said her mother was a doctor'.

'Iain, Jez over here' Charlie waved them over, Iain eyes spotting Connie straight away 'Mrs Beauchamp what are you doing here?' Connie didn't respond what so ever to him, her eyes permanently fixed on Hollie, Charlie looked to Duffy knowing he was going to give away something Connie liked to keep separate, she'd managed it for many years and now they'd all know her private life.

'This is Hollie Beauchamp, 14 years old, had just finished singing a song after, doing a number of dance routine, she's been unconscious since she collapsed' Iain looked to Hollie then to Connie, 'Jez get a board please' Iain gave Connie a warm smile not that she saw 'hello Hollie, can you hear me? .......you're going to be okay, I'm going to get you back to st James' Connie shook her head 'she goes to Holby' Iain looked up 'but' Connie gave her ice queen signature look 'I said Holby' Iain nodded and watched how the ice queen melted as she looked and spoke to Hollie.

'Princess' stroking Hollie's hair 'you did so well tonight, I loved my surprise but this surprise...' wiping the tears off of her cheek 'I'm not loving...come on baby give me something, anything to know you're okay'.

Connie climbed into the back of the ambulance with Hollie, Charlie taking Connie free hand 'we're meet you at the hospital' Connie looked up, fear in her eyes for all to see, her grip on him tight, shaking her head, her voice barely a whisper 'please.....please don't leave us' he looked to Iain who nodded knowing Connie needed support 'okay, I'll come with you' he turned to Duffy and she nodded and gave him a warm comforting smile.

They soon arrived at the hospital, Hollie was still unconscious as Iain reeled off her sats to Lily, Lily looked to Connie 'aren't you going to take this one' Iain looked to Connie who wasn't listening, just holding Hollie's hand, 'Lily Mrs Beauchamp can't, this is Hollie Beauchamp' Lily looked at how closely Connie stood as they walked with the trolley, Connie's hand holding on to Hollie's tight.

They reached resus where Connie froze, her hand letting go of Hollie's as she became choked up again, tears freely rolling down her cheek, her hand moving to her mouth trying to stop the sobs, Charlie right behind her catching her as her knees became weak and caused her to loss her balance.

'Connie, she is in the best place' Connie looked to him 'I...I....I nearly lost her once Charlie...I can't do that again' they stood outside resus watching as the doctors and nurses worked on Hollie, 'she strong like you, she'll be okay'.

Connie finally walked into resus and sat beside Hollie's bed, her hand gripping on to Hollie's 'please princess, I need you, open those beautiful eyes for me' Charlie walked in, seeing Connie was the only one in the room with Hollie 'I thought you could do with this?' A small smile came to her face as he stepped closer, 'you've been here hours and not drank a thing you need something'.

Connie took the coffee from Charlie hand 'Thankyou' he came closer wrapping his arm around her shoulder, Connie head resting into him, he kissed the top of her head 'you two will be fine' she looked up to him 'Charlie last time' he shook his head 'last time wasn't you're fault and this isn't either and last time brought you both into my life and I wouldn't have had it any other way' Connie gave a small smile, but her brain replaying the scene all those years ago.

'Please...please someone...someone help my baby' a young eighteen year old Connie carrying her small baby in her arms 'he did something to her, please....please....help her' the doctors rushed Hollie into resus, Connie falling to the floor, her whole body shaking as she sobbed, Charlie coming closer to her, crouching down beside her 'hey, she is in the best hands, come on let me help you get to you're feet'.

Charlie helped Connie to her feet, he looked at her taking in her features 'Connie Chase? I knew you're Mum... Mandy' she nodded 'she...she...she died, if she was alive this wouldn't have happened....she left me with him and...and now he done this' Charlie held her close as she cried 'I can't lose her....she my everything....he hurt her dad...made me leave him and now....now he hurt her...I ran away and he still found us' Charlie held her close 'I was good friends with you're Mum, I'm going to help you, William won't hurt you or you're little girl again' Connie looked up 'but you hardly know us' he smiled 'you're Mum was a dear friend of mine before you're dad and I hated myself for not helping her when I should have fought for her, now I want to help you and I'm going to' she smiled as to the older man 'what's you're name?' He smiled at her a warm genuine smile, something she hadn't experienced in a long time 'Charlie...Charlie fairhead'.

Connie was brought back to the present time, as the door to resus opened and Lily walked in 'Mrs Beauchamp, I think it's best that we admit Hollie for a few days to run some further tests' Connie looked to Hollie then back to Lily 'in your professional opinion what do you think it is?' Lily sighed looking at the notes 'I wouldn't want to say at the moment' Connie face was soft, a side that Lily had never seen or experienced, her voice soft barely a whisper 'please lily, what are the blood test indicating, you wouldn't be admitting her over nothing...please just so I can prepare myself'.

Lily sighed looking to Charlie as he placed a supportive hand on Connie shoulder, she looked back to Hollie who still lay there not having woken up yet 'I'm sorry but the test are leading me to believe....we are looking at leukaemia'.