#15

Hollie woke up a few days later, she stretched her arms up high before running her fingers through her hair, those few seconds when she first wakes up and nothing worries her, she can forget she sick, forget she in hospital but reality soon hits as her heart sinks as she looked at her hand, clumps of her hair in her hand, she quickly turned to the pillow she'd been asleep on to see her hair on the pillow, she closed her eyes, trying not to cry, her hair being one of the things she really loved about herself.

Connie walked the corridors on the phone 'great I think she'll really like it, seeing you all, she been a little down with how ill she'd been' Connie smiled not that the person on the phone could see 'cheers Trisha, I think she'll really love it' Connie put the phone down, she looked through the window but saw Hollie wasn't in her bed.

Connie walked into the room 'Hollie.....Hols you in here?' Connie heard sobs leaving the bathroom in the room, she walked towards the bathroom, pushing the door open, her heart broke in to tiny pieces, seeing Hollie curled in a ball on the floor, Connie rushed to Hollie.

'Hollie baby, what is it?' Hollie body shook, Connie holding her as she cried, 'you've been so brave baby, talk to me please....tell me' Hollie buried her head in Connie's chest, her voice vulnerable, Connie hadn't heard her ever sound so terrified.

'My.....my hair....it......it's falling out.....it.....it's really happening.....this....th.....this isn't some sort of mistake.....I.....I could....actually die' Connie held Hollie tighter to her chest, kissing the top of her head 'I will try everything to make sure that doesn't happen' Hollie looked up to Connie, Connie finally seeing the fear in Hollie's eyes, the reality of the whole situation sinking into Hollie, her voice cracking as she spoke 'Mum I'm scared' Connie cupped her cheek 'you're the strongest girl I know and I think...no I know you're fight this, with everything you have' Hollie cuddled into Connie 'I'm strong best I learnt from the best'.

They stayed sat together in the bathroom for a while, before Hollie turned to Connie 'Mum....w...will....will....you cut....will you cut it all off?' Connie gave Hollie a small smile 'if that's what you really want me to do?' Hollie nodded 'it's better than looking like this, but can I have you're yellow, white and black scarf, so I can wear it as a head scarf' Connie kissed Hollie's temple 'of course baby'.

Hollie sat on a chair looking out of the window when Connie came back into the room with everything she'd need and her scarf.

Connie placed her hands either side of Hollie's shoulders squeezing them gently while resting her cheek next to Hollie's cheek, the warmth from her breath moving over Hollie's face 'Are you sure?' Hollie took a deep breath in and nodded 'it's best I let you then someone who doesn't care' Connie kissed the top of Hollie's head 'it will grow back when chemotherapy finishes' Hollie nodded, swallowing the lump in her throat, hitting back the tears.

Hollie closed her eyes as Connie prepared herself to cut off her daughter beautiful long wavy hair, she held the scissors up to Hollie's hair, she forced herself to swallow past the lump in her throat, she couldn't say no to Hollie but she hated to be the one to do this, to cut off all of her beautiful hair.

Connie cut the first part, Hollie released the breath she'd been holding, looking into the window watching her mothers reflection, Hollie saw how hard this was on Connie.

Hollie reached a hand behind her, resting it against Connie leg, Connie looked into the window seeing Hollie's reflection watching her, a smile on her daughters face encouraging Connie to keep going.

Connie had soon finished cutting Hollie's hair, she picked up the scarf placing it around Hollie's head and making it into a head scarf for Hollie.

Hollie turned to face Connie, her arms reaching around Connie waist 'Thankyou Mum, there isn't anyone else I would have wanted to do that' Connie smiled down at her daughter 'always baby, I'll always do anything you need me to do'.

Hollie and Connie stood at the window watching the world go by, Hollie in her own little bubble, Connie smiled as Hollie hadn't noticed the people down below until the music blasted, Hollie's eyes immediately falling to her dance group, she smiled watching as they all danced a number of different routines, Hollie's eyes falling on Blake, Liv and Hugo, wearing tops with photos of them and Hollie on, she turned to Connie 'did you do this?' Connie placed an arm around Hollie's shoulder as Hollie rest her head on Connie's chest 'I thought my princess needed something to cheer her up and that was before we did you're hair'.

Hollie's face lit up watching as her team mates dances 'thanks Mum, this is definitely what I needed, seeing Liv, Hugo and Blake, watching them dance....dances I choreographed...that I made come to live, it's made me want to fight this...to get back to it all' looking up to Connie 'but you....you make me want to fight this Mum, I don't ever want to lose you' Connie kissed Hollie's cheek 'you won't ever lose me baby'.

That afternoon Hollie and Connie laid on the bed together, Connie holding Hollie that little bit tighter as they watched endless films, knowing Hollie's birthday wasn't far away, she wished Hollie could be home but she knew the treatment wouldn't have finished, she wasn't sure if the doctors would agree to her co,OMG home for a few days and if truth be told, Connie wasn't sure if this treatment was really working, but would track down a donor to make her daughter well again.