Jonghyun: Distant Memories

Wow I know it's been a long long time since my last update, for this story at least. Anyways thank you for waiting patiently and thank you for reading and commenting as well. As some of you know, I recently made my return. I would try my best to update a story at least once a month. My schedule doesn't give me as much free time as I used to have. Anywho, I really hope you enjoy this chapter and sorry in advance for any missed spelling/grammar mistakes...

                                                                         XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Jonghyun was visiting Kibum's mother's ashes like he did almost everyday. The same questions and thoughts wandered in his mind. Why did he kill her? Why did he want her dead? Did Kibum really not love his mother?

The more he thought about it the angrier he became. He was angry at Kibum for what he did, but he was also mad at himself. Even though he was just a child at that time, and there was nothing he could do; he still felt partially responsible for her death. He wished he could have protected her. He often thought that just maybe if he would have begged his mother a bit harder she would have taken him to see her. "I'm sorry for not being a good son.", he looked at her picture as the tears threatened to come out, "You deserved better.".

His words, what he was saying, and his thirst for revenge had no meaning. Everything felt empty. He could apologize till his face was blue. He could continue hurting Kibum, to avenge her death. But it was useless, meaningless, anything and everything he did wouldn't bring her back. He tightly gripped the teddy bear in his hands, as memories from the last time he saw her crept into his mind.

"Mama, please allow me to stay.", a young Jonghyun said as he hugged a crying Kibum. "I'll eat all my vegetables, I'll take better care of Kibummie.", he looked up at her, "I promise I'll be a better son.".

She got teary- eyed, "You are a wonderful son. I love you both so much.", she knelt down and embraced them both.

"Does that mean I can stay?", Jonghyun whimpered.

"I'm sorry.", tears ran down her cheeks, as she broke the embrace "There's nothing I can do.".

"Mommy I don't want him to go.", Kibum loudly sobbed as he clung on to Jonghyun, "I'll behave better, I won't play in the woods anymore. Please let him stay.".

"I wish Jonghyun could stay with us Kibum, but he needs to go live with his parents now.", she informed him as she wiped away his tears.

"You don't want to be my mama anymore?", Jonghyun asked.

"Just because we can no longer live together doesn't mean we aren't a family anymore.", she caressed Jonghyun's face,wiping away his tears "Kibum will always be your brother and I will always be your mother.".

"Then why does he have to go live with them?", Kibum sniffled. "We're his family, he should stay.".

"They are his parents, they love Jonghyun as much as we do.", she tried to explain things to them,"They're his family too.".

"No we're his family.", Kibum yelled. "Why are you letting them take him away?".

"Kibum I-".

"I hate you!", he didn't let his mother explain things as he then left crying towards his bedroom.

"Kibummie!", Jonghyun called after him as he then looked up at his mother."Mama don't be sad, he didn't mean it.".

"I know, it's hard for him to understand.",

Jonghyun wiped away her tears, "Can I go talk to him.".

"My sweet sweet boy.", she embraced him tightly, tears rolling down her cheeks. "You may go talk to him.".