Chapter 5

Alyssa's POV

I couldn't believe that my sister was back. I was beyond elated and relieved. My parents went ballistic when they discovered she had gone missing. So did I.

Initially, my parents and I assumed that she had gone off to visit her friends and decided to stay over there.

However, we waited and waited but there was still no sign of Anna. Mom and Dad freaked out when she didn't turn up the next morning. We called all her friends, their parents and everyone who could possibly know where Anna was.

Soon, the police and the entire neighbourhood got involved in the search for Anna. My parents couldn't eat, sleep or function at all without knowing where Anna had gone to.

It was odd of Anna to just go off like that without informing anyone especially to my parents. Anna was the apple of my parents' eye. Of course, they loved me too.

But, I knew they adored her very much as she never failed to make them proud. She was a class-topper and excelled in sports too. Not to mention, she was beautiful as well.

Naturally, with Anna being the older sister, I looked up to her and wanted to emulate everything she did. I wanted to be just like her. That was until I realised that I was far from being anywhere close to her.

I was socially awkward, had average grades in school despite studying day and night and certainly didn't know how to dress up like the other girls in high school. I was deemed as the ugly duckling of the family.

My relationship with Anna was never perfect. Growing up, Anna and I didn't develop a close bond. Anna preferred to play with the other kids in the neighbourhood as opposed to me. I remember crying several times after she refused to play with me.

She was a very intelligent and active child, often seen with a storybook in her hand or participating in various extracurricular activities after school unlike myself.

I yearned for Anna's love and attention. As time went by, I learnt to acknowledge her indifference to me. I had often blamed myself and wondered what I had done wrong to earn such nonchalant treatment from her.

Deep down, I always felt that Anna harboured some animosity towards me. My parents, however, were oblivious to it. Things got progressively worse as my unpopularity in high school started to strain our relationship further. She started to ignore me completely in school and at home too. It had been the same till now. Nothing had changed between us.

Nevertheless, I loved Anna very much. Even if she despised me and didn't want to regard me as her sister, I would continue to respect and care for her. She was the only sister I had after all.

Also, I had promised myself that I would be there for her no matter what happened. When she disappeared, I cried a lot but pretended to put on a brave act in front of my parents. I wanted her home safe.

After hearing the news that she had made it home safe, it felt as though a huge burden had been lifted off my shoulders. I wanted to see Anna as soon as possible.

At the same time, I was afraid of her reaction towards me. What if she did not want to see me there?

"Alyssa, we're already at the carpark. Are you going to stay in there all day?" Henry snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, as if you would let me." I scoffed.

His eyebrow raised at my daring remark. Even I was surprised at my own words.

"Yes, I wouldn't because I would have dragged you out of there myself." he challenged me. I gulped at his intense gaze.

"That's more like it." he chuckled mischievously.

I despised the fact that he intimated me very much. I felt weak and helpless before him. It was then that I decided that I would not let Henry step all over me and treat me like a puppet that abided to his every command.

Just this morning, I had lost my virginity to Henry. I had surrendered my body and soul to him, only to have him hurt me even further with his cold behaviour towards me. He had been the one to initiate everything. He had kissed me first. His every kiss and touch had been full of desire and passion.

Yet, it was easy to see that it nothing more than mere sex for him. I was ashamed that I had given myself to him so easily. I should have pushed him away when he kissed me. It had been nothing more than a foolish mistake. I was not going to let him touch me again.

And, he was not going to treat me poorly ever again. I would make sure of it.

I cursed him inwardly as we moved towards his car. My mouth dropped open.

He owned a four-doored black Audi car. It looked like one of those cars that I used to see only in music videos all the time. It was sleek and luxurious looking.

"It's mine. I got it a few months back.", he bore a proud smirk on his face. I wanted nothing more than to wipe that ridiculous smile from his face.

"Oh, I see." I answered nonchalantly, feigning complete disinterest.

His eyes narrowed at me and pursed his lips in annoyance.

For once, I felt like I had power over him. I bit my lips, preventing myself from smiling.

"Let's go" he grumbled as we both got into the car and drove off to finally meet my sister. 

Hi guys! Hope you liked this chapter. This chapter was written mainly to give more insight into Alyssa's relationship with Anna as well as how she felt about Henry.

I promise its going to get pretty interesting in the next chapter ;)

And, please don't forget to vote, comment and share!

Thanks for reading bye <3