Chap 3 - Taehyung's New Life

Day 2

The sun has already risen. It was blazing its bright rays all over. The rays were already touching Yoongi's's face. The light was slightly hurting his eyes so decided to get up from bed. Not fully awake yet, the event of last night suddenly came to his mind. 'Oh God, did all of that seriously happen?' He dreaded to know the answer. He quickly got out of his bed and continued to the living room. He stopped when he was just steps away from the living room. 'Why am I being scared like this? This is my apartment for God's sake!' He continued walking until he saw his answer.

There, still asleep in the couch, was Taehyung. "Geez, what a sleepyhead, still asleep while his master is already awake." Yoongi said quietly. He continued to stare at Taehyung's sleeping face. "He really is too pretty to be a guy." 

"Uhmmm" Taehyung grumbled in his sleep. He tried to roll to the other side but fell from the couch because of the small space. "Aish, that's why I hate sleeping in couches!" He scratched the back of his head in irritation. 

"Yah! Quit complaining there and start making breakfast." Yoongi ordered. 

"And why the hell should I make breakfast for you?" Taehyung retorted, still irritated. 

"Because I am your master and I said so." Yoongi snapped back, grinning. "It shouldn't be a problem to you because you are a genie, right? You could just use magic to make breakfast. This is your chance to show me your skills." 

"Oh, so you're challenging me huh? Okay. I'll show you how great I am." Taehyung said, a smirk on his face. Taehyung walked to the dining area and Yoongi followed. 

Taehyung was a little nervous because it has been long ago when he learned how to conjure up food. 'You can do this Tae! Aja! I'll show that Yoongi.' He concentrated on breakfast, muttered something in a completely different language, and flicked his fingers. The once empty table was now full of food. The food looked very appetizing and its aroma wafted through the air. Yoongi was amazed by what he saw. "Wah! This is great Taehyung. I'm already starving." 

Yoongi pulled a chair and sat. He started to eat with delight. Taehyung couldn't help but smile when he saw Yoongi's expression. He was happy that his master was pleased with his work. "Hey, why aren't you eating? Come join me. The food is great." Yoongi said. 

"Am I allowed?" Taehyung asked, a little bit embarrassed. 

"Of course. It's not like you're my slave or something?" Yoongi answered back.

"I'm not? I thought genies were slaves of their masters." Taehyung said. His face showed confusion. 

"Well not for me. I want to treat you as a friend. Now hurry up and sit down." Yoongi ordered. 

"Okay but, what kind of friend allows his friend to sleep in a couch and orders him around?" Taehyung said, a little sarcasm in his tone. He obeyed Yoongi and sat on a chair opposite him. 

"Oh, about that, well, I'm sorry for letting you sleep on the couch. You can use the room opposite mine. About the orders, I think that's natural because I'm still your master." Yoongi answered. 

"Well, that makes sense." Taehyung muttered. 'Hmm, Yoongi isn't so bad after all.' 

Yoongi got up from his seat. "I better get ready to go for work. Just clean up when you're finished." He started walking away when Taehyung spoke. 

"Hey, have you thought of a wish already?" Taehyung asked. His face was hopeful. He really wants to grant his first wish already. 

"Not yet. I'll think about that." Yoongi answered and proceeded to the bathroom. As he was taking a bath, he thought of Taehyung's question. 'What would be a good wish? Should I wish to win the lottery, or wish for eternal life?' "Aish! Why is it so hard to make a wish?!" Yoongi complained. 

Taehyung was cleaning up the table while Yoongi was taking a bath. "That Yoongi is really taking advantage of me. First, he orders me to make breakfast. Now, clean the dishes. What's next, clean his apartment?" 

After an hour, Yoongi was ready to go to work. He got out of his room and continued to the living room where Taehyung was. "Hey, I'll be going now." Yoongi said to Taehyung. Taehyung was suddenly struck by what he saw, Yoongi in his suit looking dashingly handsome. He couldn't help staring at him. 

"What? Is something wrong with my look?" Yoongi said. He looked down to analyze himself. 

Taehyung suddenly came back to his senses. "Oh! Nothing. Uhh...see you later." 

"Okay. Oh, clean up here as well. Anyways, you have nothing to do." Yoongi said. 

'I should have known' Taehyung thought. "Yah! Am I your maid here? Is this how you treat your friends?" Taehyung snapped.

"Okay. Let's make this clear. I said earlier that I want to treat you as my friend. But since you are staying here in my place, you need to give me something in return. I'm still your master. It's not like you have anything to do as well." Yoongi explained. 

"Okay okay. Fine! I'll make your place so clean that you will not see even a tiny spot of dirt." Taehyung said. 

"Really? I'll expect that when I go home. I'll be going now." 

Yoongi was already gone and Taehyung was all alone in the apartment. "I really can't believe that Min Yoongi! Abusing his power and all that! I guess I have no choice but to clean this place up. Hmm, should I use magic or not?" Taehyung paused as he decided what to do. "Okay! No magic!" he said and smiled. 

~

Everyone inside the office was attending to their own business. Seokjin was busy editing some papers while munching on his favourite chips. As usual, Jimin and Jungkook are arguing about something. Yoongi was on his table studying a report. The others were typing on their computers, or checking the daily records of the company. 

While reading the report, something crossed Yoongi's mind. The wish. "Hey Jungkook, if you were to wish for something, what would it be?" 

"Oh that's easy. I will wish for Park Jimin to disappear." Jungkook answered and smirked at Jimin. 

"How about you Jimin?" Yoongi asked, turning to Jimin. 

"Me? Hmm...let's see. I will wish to go to an island where I am the only guy there and with many girls in it." Jimin answered. 

"How perverted is that!" Jungkook exclaimed. 

Jungkook and Jimin continued their argument. Yoongi turned to ask Seokjin. "How about you hyung?" 

"I'll wish for unlimited supply of free and delicious foods." Seokjin answered. 

"Why did I even bother to ask you guys? You're answers are so lame." Yoongi muttered. 

"Yah! That's so mean hyung! What do you mean lame? You asked for what we want to wish for and we just answered your questions." Jungkook defended. 

"I'm sorry. It's just that...never mind." Yoongi answered.

"Why did you ask us about wishes, by the way?" Seokjin asked, curiosity in his tone. 

"Oh, nothing. It just came to my mind." Yoongi answered. He returned to what he was doing a moment ago. Just when he was about to read the report again, he was interrupted when he received a message on his phone. 

He opened his phone and read the message. It was from Hymine. 

Yoongi, how are you? I hope you're doing fine. It's okay for me to still communicate with you, right? I hesitated a while ago because I'm afraid of hurting you again. I just wanted to check. Take care always. 

Yoongi felt the pain again. He remembered what happened yesterday. The wound that was left in his heart was still fresh. Remembering Hymine brought pain to his heart. 

I'm all right. Thanks for your concern. But I think that it's best for us to not communicate for a while. I'm not ready to think of you yet as a friend Hymine. I'm sorry. 

 It was still difficult for Yoongi to accept their breakup. He still loved Hymine and it was very hard for him to just forget his feelings for her. 'If only I knew how Hymine felt, I would have paid more attention to her. If only I could get another chance.' Suddenly, an idea came to him.