Chap 29 - Fly

Day 87

It was a Saturday evening and Yoongi and Taehyung were resting in the living room watching a DVD. They were both tired from work. Yoongi was thankful that he didn't have work. Taehyung on the other hand still has work on Sundays for the restaurant was still open on Sundays. 

"Damn that Hyungsik. He shouldn't let you work on Sundays. You're working too much." Yoongi said with bitterness. 

"Yoongi! Don't say that to Hyungsik. Besides, I love my work." Taehyung scolded. 

"But we don't spend much time together. The only time we have is on evenings and we're both too tired at that time." Yoongi whined. 

"I know. I'm sorry." Taehyung lowered his head down and moved slightly away from Yoongi. 

"It's not your fault Tae. It's not our fault. The timing isn't just right." Yoongi said apologetically. "Come here." Taehyung obeyed and inched closer to Yoongi. "We should just make the best out of the time we have together." 

Taehyung wrapped his arms around Yoongi and spoke, "Should I just stop working?" 

Yoongi was startled at Taehyung's question. He could see clearly the sadness in Taehyung's eyes and knew that it wasn't an option. "Why would you do that?" 

"So that we can have time together." Taehyung simply answered. 

"Tae, you know that you don't have to do that. I don't want you to sacrifice your work. I know how much you love working in that restaurant." Yoongi said. 

"Thanks," Taehyung said and snuggled close to Yoongi. 

"Let's just forget about that. Sorry for even bringing that thing up." Yoongi said and began playing with Taehyung's soft hair. 

"Yoongi, you still have three wishes left. Have you thought about what to do with those wishes?" Taehyung asked. 

"Oh right. Honestly, I don't know what else to wish for. I don't have any materialistic wishes anymore because I already have them." Yoongi said as his gaze went to the television screen. They were watching Superman Returns and an idea suddenly came to him.

"Perfect!" Yoongi exclaimed with delight. He wasn't sure if it was allowed but he wanted to try. "I have my next wish Tae." 

"That was fast." Taehyung commented. "Just say the word." 

"I wish to experience how to fly." 

~

They drove off first to a place where people don't usually come to because what they were going to do can't be seen by people. Taehyung looked for a good spot to do the chanting and motioned for Yoongi to stay close. 

"I'm going to start the spell now. Just watch over there." Taehyung instructed. Yoongi obeyed and watched patiently as Taehyung uttered words that he can't understand. After a few seconds, a circle appeared on the cold ground. The circle was emitting light and different symbols were inside it. 

"Come here Yoongi," Taehyung said. Yoongi walked slowly to where Taehyung is. Yoongi was finally inside the circle. Taehyung held on both of Yoongi's hands and asked him to close his eyes. Slowly, they were rising above from the ground. One meter...ten meter...a hundred....they were now as high as one of the highest buildings in Seoul. 

"Open your eyes now." Taehyung softly said. Yoongi can feel the cold wind against his skin. It gave him an icy feeling. He knew that they were now up from the ground. He slowly opened his eyes and what he saw almost made his heart stop. 

"What the!" Yoongi shouted as he saw that they were so many meters away from the ground. His eyes widened with fear. Taehyung chuckled at Yoongi's reaction. 

"Relax Yoongi," Taehyung said trying to suppress his laugh. "We aren't even high enough." 

"This isn't high enough for you?!" Yoongi was starting to panic. 

"This is nothing compared to how high I usually fly," Taehyung said. He closed his eyes for a while to feel the wind brush against his face and opened it again. "I really missed doing this." 

"We're going to go higher now," Taehyung warned. "Are you ready?" 

"I-I guess," Yoongi answered. 

"Do you trust me Yoongi?" Taehyung suddenly asked. 

"Of course," Yoongi answered confidently.

"Then you have nothing to worry about," Taehyung said. 

Yoongi knew that he could fully trust Taehyung so he relaxed a bit. Taehyung could feel Yoongi's tension ease up a bit and smiled to himself. They continued to go higher until they could almost touch the clouds. 

The view from their place was breathtaking. They could see the whole city of Seoul, up to those on the edges. Yoongi's fear a while ago now disappeared and it was replaced by delight and excitement. He can even fly without holding on to Taehyung anymore. They stayed at a very high altitude to avoid being seen by someone. 

They flew by the city and even the sea, enjoying the scenery and the cold breeze. When they have already explored the entire city by air, they came back to the slightly abandoned place. The circle was still there and they landed at its centre. Taehyung again uttered strange words and the circle disappeared. 

"So how was it?" Taehyung asked. 

"That was so amazing Tae!" Yoongi said excitedly. "I didn't know that flying could be that fun." "I'm glad you had fun." Taehyung smiled sweetly. 

Yoongi locked Taehyung into a tight embrace. "Thank you for everything Tae. You made me experience new things that I didn't think I would have the chance to ever experience. I don't know what I'd do without you." 

Tears started to fall from Taehyung's eyes at Yoongi's sincere statement. He held on Yoongi tightly and wished that he would never have to let go.