Chap 20 - Party

Day 47

Yoongi and Taehyung didn't talk to each other since their fight. Both were full of pride to apologize and admit the mistake. Taehyung mentioned to the others Hyungsik's invitation to the party during their dinner that day. Everyone agreed to go to the party, especially Seokjin. Parties always have delicious food, and when there is food, there's Seokjin.

The time for the party has already come and Taehyung and the others came together to the party in the garden. The garden was already full of the other guests when they arrived. Music was blasting from the speakers and people were dancing on the dance floor. Servants were offering the guests drinks and food.

'So this is what a party is like.'  Taehyung mused and smiled. Yoongi noticed Taehyung and realized that that was Taehyung's first time to come to a party. He can't help but smile at Taehyung's innocence. Hymine also noticed Yoongi smile and turned her gaze at the one Yoongi is looking. She was surprised to see Yoongi silently looking at Taehyung and never breaking his gaze at him.

"Yoongi, let's get something to drink," Hymine said to distract Yoongi. Yoongi noticed that Hymine was saying something to him but didn't hear her. He broke his gaze at Taehyung and turned to Hymine.

"Oh, sorry. What was it you said earlier?" Yoongi asked.

"Let's get something to drink," Hymine repeated.

"Okay," Yoongi replied and led her to the refreshment table.

"Guys, let's dance!" Jimin said to the others.

"No thanks. I have an appointment with my beloved food." Seokjin replied.

"How about you Tae?" Jimin asked hopefully.

"Uhm, not now. Maybe later. I'll just go first with Jin." Taehyung refused. "You and Jungkook go have fun dancing."

"Okay. Let's go now Jungkook." Jimin said excitedly and dragged Jungkook to the dance floor.

"Let's go now Tae. I'm getting hungry already just looking at the food." Seokjin said.

"You just can't get enough of your beloved food, can you?" Taehyung teased.

When Seokjin and Taehyung saw the food that was prepared for the party, their mouth started to water. The food really looked and smelled delicious. Seokjin mustered every ounce of his self-control to stop himself from devouring all of the food.

"Wow, the food looks great!" Taehyung exclaimed.

"Glad you liked it," Hyungsik said and smiled at the pretty guy in front of him.

"Oh, Hyungsik." Taehyung said. "You really surprise me. It's like you just pop out from nowhere."

"I've been looking for you. I thought that you won't come." Hyungsik said.

"I'm not the kind that breaks promises. Besides, I'm really glad that I came or I would have missed the delicious food here." Taehyung replied.

"Well, just help yourself. There's plenty of food for everybody." Hyungsik motioned to the food.

"I don't think so, not with Seokjin here," Taehyung said and turned his gaze to his friend. Seokjin already filled his plate with food and was enjoying it.

"Oh, I guess you're right. You should eat more before the food gets eaten by Seokjin. You're very thin that you get mistaken for a girl along with your pretty face." Hyungsik commented.

"I don't know if I should get angry by what you said or thank you," Taehyung admitted. Hyungsik just watched Taehyung eat along with Seokjin.

"Why aren't you eating?" Taehyung asked.

"I already ate earlier," Hyungsik answered.

"The food is really great man!" Seokjin said happily.

"I'm glad you like it. Just help yourself, okay?" Hyungsik replied.

"Sure. I'll be back for another round after this." Seokjin answered.

"See? The food will be gone in no time." Taehyung teased.

"Seokjin, do you mind if I borrow Taehyung first?" Hyungsik asked once Taehyung was finished eating.

"No. I'm quite busy here myself," Seokjin answered cheerfully.

"Thanks," Hyungsik replied and grabbed Taehyung's hand and lead him away from the people.

"Where are we going?" Taehyung asked.

"Shh. You'll know when we get there. I'm sure you'll like it." Hyungsik said and continued to walk. They stopped when they reached a fountain in a secluded part of the garden. The fountain was surrounded by bright and beautiful lights, making the water in the fountain shimmer in the dark.

"This is so beautiful," Taehyung said in amazement. "I wonder why there is no one here in this place."

"Not many know about this fountain here, and it is quite far from where the party is at," Hyungsik answered.

"You have a point there," Taehyung said and fixed his gaze on the fountain in front of him. The lights illuminated Taehyung's face, making it look ethereal in the dark. As Taehyung watches the fountain, Hyungsik stares at Taehyung's enchanting face.

"You're really handsome," Hyungsik said quietly.

"What was it?" Taehyung asked, not hearing properly what Hyungsik said.

"Nothing." Hyungsik denied and fixed his eyes on the fountain.

"Okay." Taehyung replied. Silence filled the place and Hyungsik was the one to break it.

"Taehyung, can you accept me as your friend?" Hyungsik asked.

"Of course, and you don't need to ask that. I have already taken you as a friend even before you asked that question. Even though you're quite arrogant and like to tease me all the time, I regard you as one of my friends. I don't have many friends here and I'm thankful for an additional one." Taehyung answered honestly.

"Thanks," Hyungsik said and suddenly pulled Taehyung into a tight hug. Taehyung was taken by surprise at Hyungsik's gesture but didn't resist.

"You're welcome," Taehyung replied and hugged Hyungsik back. Taehyung was really comfortable around Hyungsik and he felt secure when he is with him.

'I just wish that I could hold you like this forever, Taehyung,' Hyungsik thought. They weren't aware that someone was staring at them and it was none other than Yoongi. He was looking for Taehyung when he came across the fountain and found Taehyung being hugged by Hyungsik. This really made Yoongi's mood even worse.

'Why do I always get angry seeing them together? Am I getting jealous? No, no, that can't be. Why should I feel jealous over that Hyungsik?' Yoongi thought. He waited for them to break apart before approaching them so it wouldn't feel too awkward.

'What the hell?! They have been like that for quite long. I can't take this any more.' Yoongi walked towards Taehuyng and Hyungsik and called Taehyung. "Tae"

Upon hearing Yoongi's voice, Taehyung quickly pulled away from Hyungsik. "Oh, Yoongi. What is it?"

"Sorry if I interrupted anything. Let's go back to the hotel now. The others are waiting for us. We are leaving early tomorrow and we need to rest." Yoongi answered. "You don't mind if I take Tae now, do you?" he said to Hyungsik.

"No, not at all," Hyungsik answered coolly.

"Come on now," Yoongi said and started to leave.

"Guess it's goodbye. Thanks for everything Hyungsik." Taehyung said and turned away from Hyungsik.

"Bye then," Hyungsik answered.