Chap 35 - Japan

The air around them was getting awkward by the minute. Yoongi and the others didn't know what to say. How could Taehyung not know them? What was happening? 

"Uhm, I think I better go back now," Taehyung said and excused himself. 

"All of you should go back here, okay?" Jeno said, not noticing anything. 

"Oh, yes. Of course." Seokjin answered who just snapped out from his trance. 

"I'll be going now then," Jeno said and left them. 

"Was that really Tae?" Jimin asked as soon as Jeno was gone. 

"I think so. How many Taehyungs can be there that has the same name and face as the Taehyung that we know?" Jungkook said. 

"But how come he doesn't recognize us? He doesn't seem to know any of us earlier, not even Yoongi." Seokjin stated. They looked at Yoongi who was silent at the moment. He was too absorbed in his own thoughts that he didn't hear what the others said. 

"Yoongi, are you alright?" Seokjin asked. 

"Oh, sorry about that," Yoongi said. 

"How come Tae doesn't recognize us?" Jimin asked Seokjin's previous question. 

"I don't know," Yoongi said. He really didn't know the reason why Taehyung acted like he didn't know any of them, but he is determined to know the reason. He wasn't about to let things go like that. Now that he has found Taehyung again, he wasn't about to let go.

~

Yoongi waited until Taehyung's work was over. He watched as Taehyung bade goodbye to his workmates and walked towards Yoongi's direction. He stopped as he was just a meter away from Yoongi. 

'It's that man earlier in the restaurant. What's he doing here?' Taehyung mused. 

The two of them gazed at each other for a while. Taehyung looked at Yoongi with full curiosity. Yoongi looked at Taehyung with longing and love. Upon natural instinct, Yoongi moved closer to Taehyung and suddenly pulled him into a hug. He wrapped his strong arms around Taehyung.

Taehyung was totally caught by surprise. He didn't even know who was the one hugging him. He was about to push him away but something stopped him. He just let Yoongi embrace him tightly like that. 

"Tae, this is me, Yoongi. How come you don't remember me?" Yoongi whispered. Taehyung was getting confused by what Yoongi said. 

'Yoongi' Taehyung repeated in his mind. He tried to remember if he knew anyone by the name of Yoongi. In the end, no matter how hard he tried, nothing rang a bell in his mind. 

"Uhm, could you please stop this? It's getting very awkward." Taehyung suddenly said and Yoongi pulled away from him gently. 

"Sorry," Yoongi said. 

"You must have mistaken me for someone else. This is the first time that I have seen you. I surely would have recognized you earlier if I knew you, right?" Taehyung said. 

"Don't you remember anything? Please, try harder." Yoongi pleaded. 

"I told you already. I don't know you. I'm sorry if you were expecting something from me." Taehyung said and was about to leave when Yoongi caught his arm. 

"What are you doing? Let go of me!" Taehyung tried to break free from Yoongi's grasp. 

"This" Yoongi showed the necklace that Taehyung has given to him. "Don't you remember this?" 

"No, I don't remember anything, okay? Now, let me go! You're hurting me!" Taehyung was getting pissed. Yoongi immediately let go of Taehyung's arm.