Chap 34 - ???

Taehyung opened his eyes and what he saw was all too familiar with him. He was now back in his world, a world without Yoongi. He noticed that he was on the rooftop of the main building of YMRA. It was like it was just yesterday when he was last there. 

'I'm back here again.' Taehyung thought and sighed. He was about to leave when someone burst open the door to the rooftop. 

"Tae!" Namjoon shouted, his face full of worry for his friend. He ran towards Taehyung and hugged him tightly. 

"Namjoon..." Taehyung whispered and hugged his friend back. It really felt good for Taehyung to embrace Namjoon like that. Namjoon's presence was comforting and it was just what Taehyung needed for the pain that he is feeling at the moment. After a long silence, they finally pulled away from each other. 

"Tae, how could you do that?" Namjoon said silently, hurt evident in his voice. "Don't you care about our world, what you would have left behind?" 

"I'm sorry Namjoon. It's not like that." Taehyung said without meeting Namjoon's eyes. He was really feeling guilty now. "Of course I care about our world. I'm very proud to be a genie. But, I just can't bear to be apart from Yoongi. I know this sounds so selfish of me, but this is how I really feel. I'm not going to force you to understand, but I hope you do." 

"I'm here to fetch you. The chief wants to see you." Namjoon said and turned his back on Taehyung. Taehyung silently followed. The two of them didn't talk to each other until they reached the office of the chief of YMRA. 

"He's waiting for you inside," Namjoon said and left him. Taehyung just gazed at Namjoon's back and was really sorry to his friend. He didn't want to hurt him. He understood Namjoon's actions and just blamed himself for it. 

Taehyung knocked on the door twice and waited to be admitted inside. "Come in." the chief's voice said. Taehyung opened the door slowly and entered the office. 

"I'm sure you already know why you are here." the chief spoke and gave Taehyung a piercing gaze that made him uneasy. He was getting nervous by each second. He didn't know what would happen to him. 

"Yes sir," Taehyung answered. 

"What you did was a violation to our rule as genies. We are not allowed to stay on Earth after the contract expires. Your contract is exactly a hundred days. The contract is absolute and no one is allowed to break it." the chief said sternly. Taehyung just stayed silent as he listened to the chief. The chief waited for a reaction from Taehyung and continued when he got none.

"You will still get to graduate along with the others because you succeeded in your internship without any problems. But you will be punished for what you did. You will be quarantined until the day of your graduation." the chief said and waited for Taehyung's violent reaction. He knew Taehyung to be a free-willed genie and was so surprised when he just accepted the punishment without any argument. 

"You can go back to your room now and rest." The chief said. He watched as Taehyung said goodbye and bowed at him. From his observations, Taehyung looked lifeless. He was not the Taehyung that he knew anymore. The very energetic and free-willed genie was now lifeless and full of despair. 

Taehyung did what the chief said and went back to his room. As he reached his room, there were two genies outside. He found this slightly amusing and laughed to himself. He felt himself being treated like a prisoner. He silently went inside his room. The guards outside locked him inside. 

Once inside, he felt something weird happen inside his body. He felt suddenly weak. He realized that they stripped him off of his genie powers. 'Talk about being quarantined.' he said to himself. He felt so tired and lied down on his bed. He tried to shut off all thoughts going on inside his head but was unsuccessful. He tried sleeping but every time he closes his eyes, all he could see is Yoongi's face.