Chap 5 - New Friends

Day 11

Eight days have already passed since Yoongi made his first wish. A lot of things took place during these days. Yoongi and Hymine got back together, just as he wished. Given another chance, he promised to spend more time with his girlfriend. Their relationship was given a fresh start and they are both happy with each other.

Work at Syub Ent is still the same. Everybody is busy with work, especially Yoongi's team since they are working on a proposal. Even if work is very demanding with time, Yoongi still finds time to spend with Hymine.

Taehyung on the other hand is still adjusting with his new home here on Earth. He is learning different human things like how to use the appliances in Yoongi's apartment, the places near Yoongi's neighborhood, and how to use the bathroom for hygienic purposes. He takes care of Yoongi's place and prepares food as usual.

It was a Sunday morning, so Yoongi chose to wake up late because there was no work. Taehyung also enjoyed in his sleep and woke up late. Both of them got up from bed just in time for lunch. The two greeted each other and continued to the living room while rubbing their still sleepy eyes.

"Oh, we got up really late." Taehyung said as he looked at the clock attached to the wall. "It's now lunch time."

"Oh, you're right." Yoongi responded, also looking at the clock.

Their conversation was interrupted with the buzzing of the doorbell. Yoongi got up and walked towards the door. He wondered who was there because he didn't remember having guests that Sunday. He swung open the door and was surprised with his unexpected visitors.

"Hyung! Good morning! What's up!" Jungkook, Jimin, and Seokjin greeted together.

"Oh, it's you three. What brings you here?" Yoongi said.

"Hey, you're so cold." Seokjin teased. "We just wanted to visit you, and at the same time have lunch here at your place. Hope you don't mind."

"Hyung, aren't you going to let us enter? My foot hurts already." Jungkook complained.

"That's right. We're going in hyung." Jimin said and the three of them passed by Yoongi and entered the apartment. The three continued to the living room and stopped at their tracks when they saw an unknown person sitting at a couch.

"Oh, who's this hyung?" Jimin asked curiously, turning back at Yoongi who was behind them.

'Oh crap! I forgot that Taehyung was here' Yoongi said to himself. "Uhm...he's my...he's my" Yoongi stuttered, racking his brains. He said the first thing that came to his mind. "He's my cousin. He's here for vacation."

Taehyung noticed what was going on and introduced himself to the guests. "Hi! I'm Taehyung, Yoongi's cousin. Nice to meet you." He extended his hands to Jimin, Jungkook, and Seokjin. The three shook it with delight.

"Nice to meet you too Taehyung. I'm Kim Seokjin. I work in the same company as your cousin." Seokjin said.

"I'm Park Jimin. I also work with your cousin. It's really nice meeting you. I'm glad to have a new friend." Jimin said with a warm smile.

"Hi Tae! It's alright calling you that right?" Jungkook asked.

"Sure." Taehyung replied.

"By the way, I'm Jeon Jungkook. I also work with Yoongi hyung. Actually, all four of us are in the same team at our company so we see each other everyday. It's actually getting very boring nowadays." Jungkook said and a playful smile appeared on his face.

"Yah Jeon Jungkook! You're so bad!" Jimin scolded.

"Yeah!" Seokjin and Yoongi agreed.

"Relax! I'm just kidding. Of course I love you guys!" Jungkook defended.

'They are very interesting people. I really miss my friends' Taehyung thought and sighed. "Are you guys already hungry? Sorry, lunch is going to be a little late. We just woke up."

"Oh, it's alright. We can wait. We're just intruders here anyway." Jimin said. "But I don't know about Seokjin hyung here. He's got a really big appetite. Food is the center of his attention."

"You're leaving Tae a bad impression of me." Seokjin said and pouted. Jimin laughed at Seokjin's cuteness.

"We'll just go and wash up. You three just wait here in the living room." Yoongi said and was gone already. Taehyung followed him. When Taehyung was already in front of Yoongi's room, Yoongi pulled him inside and locked the door.

"They can't find out that you're a genie, okay? Genies are not normal in this world. You know that already." Yoongi said. Taehyung just nodded.

"You are my cousin and you are staying here at my place for a vacation. If they ask other questions about you, we'll just make up stories along the way, got it?"

"Yeah." Taehyung answered.

"Alright. Let's get washed up so that we can have lunch."

The two parted ways and washed up. After a few minutes, they rejoined their three guests at the living room. Taehyung went to the kitchen to prepare lunch. He used magic as always to prepare food. Lunch was ready after a few minutes.

"Lunch is ready. Let's go eat." Taehyung said.

"Yey!" Seokjin exclaimed as he got up from his seat.

"See what I mean Tae?" Jimin teased.

All of them left the living room and proceeded to the dining area. The table was full of delicious food. There were many to choose from. The three guests' eyes sparkled with delight at the sight of the sumptuous food at the table. Taehyung was pleased with their reactions.

"I thought that we were unexpected. How come the food is so extravagant?" Jungkook asked as he took his seat.

"Uhm, well, we just bought groceries so the fridge is full of supplies. I just thought to make something special for the three of you since it is our first meeting." Taehyung answered.

"Oh, well thanks for the food. It really looks delicious. My mouth is starting to water." Jungkook said, smiling.

"Well, dig in guys." Taehyung said and gestured at the food. "My pleasure." Seokjin answered.

They chatted merrily as they ate the food. As expected, the three guests were curious about Taehyung so their conversation mostly revolved around him. Yoongi and Taehyung didn't have problems making up stories about Taehyung, it just came out naturally like they are cousins for real. When they finished eating, the four of them went to the living room and Taehyung was left in the dining area to clean the dishes. The dining area cannot be seen from the living room so Taehyung felt no harm in using magic to clean the dishes.

Meanwhile, at the living room, Jimin suddenly felt the need to go to the bathroom. He went out of the living room. He already knows where the bathroom is because he has been to Yoongi's place many times.

As he was outside the living room, he passed by the dining area and saw Taehyung just staring at the table with the dirty plates. Taehuyng didn't notice that Jimin is watching him. Jimin thought something was wrong so he decided to approach Taehyung. Just as he took a step closer, he saw Taehyung flick his fingers through the air. The once dirty table was now empty, just like magic. Jimin was very shocked with what he saw and shouted out of instinct, "Oh my God! What was that?!" The look on Jimin's face was horrified. Taehyung was also shocked with the turn of events that he just stood there rooted to the floor. Jimin and Taehyung's eyes were locked with each other.