Chap 23 - It's Love?

Day 71

The year has already passed and a new year has come once again. Yoongi and Taehyung spent the New Year with Yoongi's family. Taehyung has learned another tradition that is being celebrated every year on Yoongi's world. What fascinated Taehyung the most is the magnificent fireworks display. It was his first time to witness such a beautiful scene. 

"Wow, humans really can create such wonderful things. You don't need to have genies." Taehyung said as he gazed at the fireworks in the night sky on New Year's Eve. 

"Do you regret being my genie?" Yoongi quietly said. 

"What kind of question is that?" Taehyung was surprised by Yoongi's sudden question. He faced Yoongi and answered, "I have no regrets being here on earth and having you as my master. During my stay here, I got to learn so many things and meet friends. I'm very thankful Yoongi." 

"I'm glad to hear that," Yoongi responded and smiled. Taehyung's honest answer made his heart feel warm. 

~

Syub Ent is now on its 30th year. The company is going to hold its grand anniversary party and every employee of the company is invited. Each employee can invite one person to accompany them in the party. Yoongi invited Hymine, Seokjin invited Taehyung since he doesn't have a "special someone", and of course, Jimin and Jungkook don't have to invite each other since they are both employees of the company. 

Jimin and Jungkook helped Taehyung in the suit that he will be wearing at the party since he doesn't know what to wear. The couple got Taehyung a stylish jet black suit that matched Taehyung really well. 

"Tae, what's taking you so long? We'll be late if you don't hurry up." Yoongi called outside Taehyung's room. 

"Okay. I'm almost ready." Taehyung answered from inside his room. 

"I'll just wait for you in the living room," Yoongi said and sat on one of the couches in the living room. 

"Okay, let's go now," Taehyung said as he appeared in front of Yoongi. Yoongi was totally surprised by what he saw. He was completely mesmerized by Taehyung's beauty. It took him some time before he snapped out.

Taehyung noticed that Yoongi was staring at him. Yoongi's dark eyes were not leaving Taehyung and it made him nervous. 'Ah, why is he staring at me like that? And why is my heart beating faster again?' 

"T-the suit looks good on you." Yoongi managed to say. 

Taehyung smiled at Yoongi's compliment, "Thanks" 

"Let's go now," Yoongi said and stood up from his seat. 

They picked up Seokjin and Hymine first before coming to the party. When they arrived at the venue, they saw that Jimin and Jungkook were already there. 

"Oh my God, Tae! You look awesome!" Jimin said. 

"Yeah, it really looks good on you." Jungkook praised. 

"Thanks, guys," Taehyung replied. 

"Come on. Let's enter the hall." Yoongi said and lead them inside. Hymine was always near Yoongi with her left arm snaked around Yoongi's right. This annoyed Taehyung a bit. 

The party hall was already packed with people when they entered. Mellow music was being played by the band and people were socializing with each other. The elite guests were talking business with each other with glasses of champagne on their hands. 

"Your company is really big. Look at all the people in here." Taehyung said as they sat on their reserved seats. 

"Yeah. But of course, not everyone in here works for Syub Ent." Seokjin replied.