Chap 31 - Missing

Day 94

The sunlight from the windows woke Yoongi up. He lazily tried to open his eyes and noticed that Taehyung wasn't beside him anymore. He thought that Taehyung was now preparing breakfast and brushed the thought off. As he got up from bed, something caught his eye. It was a small folded paper on Yoongi's bedside table. He grabbed it and examined it curiously. 

"I don't remember seeing this here yesterday." Yoongi mused and opened the folded paper. It was a letter. A tear-stained letter from Taehyung. 

Yoongi, 

I'm really sorry. I hope you can forgive me. I decided to stay away from you because I think this is the best for us. Please don't doubt my love for you. I'm doing this because I love you so much. I don't think I can take it if I will see the sadness in your eyes when I finally disappear from your world. I can't bear to say goodbye to you. 

As for your last wish, just write it down on this paper. I will immediately receive it. I love you so much. I don't regret every single moment that I have spent here on earth with you. 

Your genie, Taehyung 

Yoongi has already finished reading the letter. His hands were shaking as he tried to register in his brain everything that was happening. He can't believe what Taehyung wrote. 

'No, no, no! I can't lose you Tae.' Yoongi cried desperately in his mind. All other thoughts on his mind were now gone. All he could think and care about was finding Taehyung. Being a very workaholic person like himself, he didn't even bother being absent from work. Everything else aside from Taehyung was insignificant. 

Still in his t-shirt and jeans from yesterday, he quickly got his car keys and phone and left his apartment without even eating a single thing. He immediately started the engine of his car and drove. He first started looking for Taehyung within the vicinity of the subdivision where his apartment is. 

It seemed that luck wasn't on Yoongi's side. There was no sign of Taehyung anywhere. Yoongi tried the main part of Seoul where almost all establishments can be seen; high rise company buildings, hotels, shopping malls, restaurants, bars, etc. It was quite impossible to find him because of the many people in there but Yoongi still tried. He was still hoping to find Taehyung even if the probability is very low. He was holding on to that small amount of hope. 

Yoongi tried going to Hyungsik's restaurant to ask if they have seen Taehyung. He entered the restaurant with a worried face and immediately approached Hyungsik. There was no time to be wasted. 

"Hyungsik, have you seen Taehyung?" Yoongi asked. 

"No. He didn't show up today for work. I don't have any news from him." Hyungsik answered and noticed Yoongi's desperate face. "What happened?" 

"He's missing. I need to find him. Thanks for the help. Call me if you happen to see him." Yoongi said and left the restaurant. 

"Okay," Hyungsik said to the leaving Yoongi. 'I hope Tae's alright.' 

Yoongi walked along the streets of Seoul with hopes of seeing the most important person in his life. He looked inside the shops that he passed by but still no trace of Taehyung. He kept walking with no particular destination in mind. He just walked where his feet took him. Desperation was quickly taking over him with every step. He needed to find Taehyung but it just seemed impossible by the given circumstances. How easy is it to find a genie on a city with thousands of people in it? The chances are so slim. If we associate it with numbers, the probability of finding him is about 5% or less. Plus, the fact that Taehyung is a genie and has magical powers doesn't help. But even with all of the odds, Yoongi continued his search. 

Unnoticed by Yoongi, someone was quietly crying from a distance behind him, hidden among the shadows of the buildings. 

'Yoongi, don't look for me anymore! You're just making this harder for me.'

~

"Have you seen Yoongi?" Seokjin said. He was getting a little bit worried because Yoongi is rarely absent from work and if he is, he makes sure to call any of his colleagues. 

"No. He still hasn't come to work." Jimin answered. 

"Where could he be? Has he contacted any of you?" Seokjin asked again. 

"No. He hasn't called me or Jimin. Why are you suddenly so paranoid Hyung?" Jungkook said as he continued to analyze the reports on his computer.

"I feel that something bad has happened. Yoongi always calls any of us if he's going to be absent. And he hasn't called us yet, right? I'm just getting worried." Seokjin explained. 

"Well, I guess you have a point. I'm going to call him now." Jimin said. He grabbed his phone, dialled Yoongi's number, and waited for the other line to pick up. After a few rings, Yoongi finally picked up. 

"Yoongi hyung! Where are you? Why didn't you call us if you're going to be absent today? We're getting worried here." Jimin bombarded Yoongi with questions. 

"I'm sorry for making you all worry. It's just that..." Yoongi said on the other line. "Tae's missing Jimin. I'm looking for him right now." 

"What?! Tae's missing?! What, I mean, how? Why?" Jimin said in disbelief. Seokjin and Jungkook heard what Jimin said clearly and they began to worry more. 

"I'll explain to you later. Can you help me look for him?" Yoongi asked. 

"Of course hyung! You should have told us earlier. Where are you now?" Jimin asked getting worried. 

"Meet me at the coffee shop opposite our company," Yoongi said and was very thankful for his friends' help and support. 

"Okay. We're going now. See you." Jimin said. They hung up and Jimin turned to the others. "We're going to help Yoongi hyung look for Tae. Tae is missing and I don't know the details. Hyung will explain it later. Let's go now." 

The others followed Jimin as they left the building of Syub Ent. They entered the coffee shop near their company and spotted Yoongi sitting on one of the tables. 

"Yoongi, are you okay?" Seokjin asked concernedly as he sat down on one of the chairs. 

"Yes. Don't worry about me." Yoongi assured him and gave a weak smile. 

"You don't look so good." Jungkookcommented. 

"So, what happened hyung? Why did Tae suddenly leave?" Jimin started going down to business. 

Yoongi thought first on how to explain it to his friends. It was painful to think about it but he has to. "Well, you know that my contract with him is ten wishes in a hundred days. I only have one wish left and it's only a couple of days before Taehyung leaves our world forever."

Jimin understood at once what Yoongi was trying to say. "I'm sure Tae left because he doesn't want to see you hurt as he leaves. That's why he left, right?" 

"Yeah" Yoongi answered quietly. "Don't worry Yoongi. We'll help you find him." Seokjin assured. "Yeah. Let's look in different places so our search would cover a wide area." Jungkook suggested. They designated places for each person to search into. Once they have settled everything, they left the coffee shop and began the search for Taehyung.