Chapter 16 - Promise?

Day 38

Since Taehyung arrived on Earth, there were so many things that were completely new to him. A couple of days have already passed since their visit to Yoongi's hometown. During those days, Yoongi already spent his fourth wish, which is a new house for his family. He wanted to give his family a new house long ago, but he just couldn't afford to do so. He used the opportunity of having a genie to fulfil his long time dream house for his family.

As a token of gratitude to all of Taehyung's help, Yoongi decided to give Taehyung a treat. One evening while they were eating dinner, Yoongi told Taehyung about his plan. 

"Tae, do you know what an amusement park is?" Yoongi asked. 

"No. We don't have what you call an 'amusement park' in my world." Taehyung replied. "Why?" 

"Well then, you're in for a treat. I'll be taking you to an amusement park this Saturday." 

"Really?" Taehyung said excitedly as his eyes lit up. He always gets excited to learn and discover new things about the human world. 

"Of course. It's a promise." Yoongi said and smiled. 

"Uhm...what is an amusement park by the way?" Taehyung asked curiously. 

"Hmmm." Yoongi paused to think of how to explain what an amusement park is. "It's a place where many people come to enjoy, relax, and just have fun. It's open for everyone; the highlight of the amusement park is its rides. There are so many rides to choose from." 

"Can I ride all of it?" Taehyung interrupted. 

"Of course. I won't go to the details so that I won't spoil your excitement." 

Since that night, Taehyung has been excitedly waiting for Saturday to come. He can't wait to finally see what an amusement park is. 

The day that Taehyung had been waiting for has already come. It was already Saturday and the weather was good. It was a nice day to go out. He couldn't sleep well that Friday evening so he was up early on Saturday morning. He carefully chose what he would be wearing to the amusement park and took a bath. He prepared breakfast after taking a bath. 

Taehyung noticed that Yoongi was nowhere to be seen and decided to go look for him in his room. He was about to open the door when it suddenly opened, revealing Yoongi's worried look.

"What's wrong?" Taehyung asked worriedly. 

"Something happened. I don't know the details so I'll go and check it out. This won't be long. I'll be back just in time to take you to the amusement park." Yoongi answered and hurriedly walked towards the main entrance. 

"I'll be back later." Yoongi said and disappeared as the door to the apartment closed. 

'I wonder what happened', Taehyung mused to himself. 'Well, I guess I don't have to worry about it.' 

Taehyung went about with his daily chores while waiting for Yoongi to return. Three hours have already passed since Yoongi went out but he still hadn't returned. Taehyung was starting to get worried. 

"Where the hell is he?" Taehyung said. He was starting to pace through the living room to keep him calm. Different thoughts were flooding his mind at the moment and he was transported back to reality as the doorbell rang. Taehyung quickly opened the door to see who it was, greatly expecting that it was Yoongi. 

"Yoon..." he suddenly stopped when he saw that it wasn't Yoongi. 

"Hi Tae!" Jimin squealed. 

"Yah, you don't look happy to see us. Are you expecting someone else?" Jungkook said as he and Jimin entered the apartment.