Chap 9 - So Sorry

Day 15

Yoongi's heart was beating very fast as he stood in front of their office's door. He didn't know how to face his team, or what to say to them. He lifted his hand to the knob but hesitated when it was just inches away. Just as he was about to put his hand down to his side, the door opened.

"Oh, good morning hyung! Wait, why are you so startled? And why were you not entering the office when I opened the door?" Jimin asked getting concerned. 

Yoongi composed himself and flashed a smile to Jimin. "This is nothing." he assured Jimin. "I was just thinking about something and I was surprised when the door suddenly opened." 

"Ah, okay. Get inside now. The others are waiting for you. We also have to smooth out the presentation." Jimin reminded him. 

"Oh...yeah...right... the presentation." Yoongi said, trying to hide his worried expression with a forced smile. Beads of sweat were starting to form on his forehead. 

"Hyung, are you okay? You're starting to sweat abnormally." Jimin said as he noticed the sweat on Yoongi's face. 

"I'm perfectly okay. There's no need to worry." Yoongi said. He turned his back on Jimin and entered their office. 

'Everything will be fine, Yoongi. Don't worry too much' Yoongi reminded himself. 

"Morning hyung!" Jungkook greeted. 

"Morning." Seokjin followed Jungkook's greeting. 

"Good morning." Yoongi answered the two back. 

"Did the technician fix my computer already?" he asked as he went to his desk. 

"Not yet. I just called him a while ago and he's coming here. I think he'll be here in a few minutes." Jungkook answered, lowering his cup of hot coffee. 

'Crap. There goes my luck. What now? There's no other choice but to tell them.' 

"Uhmm..." Yoongi hesitated. "I have something to tell to the team." Yoongi stood from his chair and continued to their conference table. Jungkook and Seokjin followed him, both with confused faces. The other team members followed also.

When Jimin re-entered their office, he was surprised to see everyone gathered around the conference table. He proceeded at once to the table. 

"What's happening?" Jimin asked Jungkook as he sat beside him. 

"I don't know. Yoongi hyung said that he has something to say." Jungkook answered. 

Seokjin sensed that what Yoongi was about to say wasn't something that they would be happy about. He could feel the heavy tension in the air. The silence was getting awkward by the second. Seokjin noticed Yoongi's worried expression. 

"I have an important announcement to make." Yoongi broke the silence. "This is regarding our presentation." 

No one responded and the silence returned. The silence urged Yoongi to continue. Yoongi stood up, lowered his body to the floor, and knelt. 

"Hyung!" Jimin exclaimed. He was just starting to lift himself from his seat when Yoongi motioned for them to stay still. 

"I am truly very sorry. I know that we all worked hard for this presentation. We exerted all our efforts for this proposal and yet I was so stupid to not take care of our printed presentation. I am really sorry. That was the only printed copy of our presentation and I'm really sorry that it is my fault that we don't have anything to give to the Director. The backup copy of our presentation is on my computer but luck is just not on my side because my computer is broke. I am sincerely very sorry. I will take full responsibility for this." Yoongi said to the team while his head was bowed down. He can't bear to see the expressions on their faces.