Chapter 10

I had no sleep last night. I have been worried about everything that I couldn't even catch a flick of sleep. I had breakfast early so that no one catches me and start bombarding with questions on how I'm taking everything.

I kept staring at the wall ahead of me and I had no clue when sleep embraced me in her arms.

I was now walking on the bank of sea. The sea has been lightened up by the stars above. It looks like a part of heaven has descended down. I have sat comfortably on the beach and let my mind waver. How peaceful and content I feel. A smile found it's way on my face and I kept smiling for no reason.

“I guess your thinking about yesterday night's events, isn't it Sophia”, the blue eyed stranger teased me. I had no idea what happened yesterday and why he is calling me Sophia. But I blushed nevertheless.

He sat beside me and we both stared ahead. There was comfortable silence between us, no words needed.

“I feel better whenever I talk to you Eric”, I told him. “Eric? who Eric, are you seeing someone behind my back Sophia”, he told sternly. But there was hidden humor in his tone. I had no idea why he was teasing me even when I was right. I just smiled and ignored his comments.

I rested my head on his shoulder and began thinking, I should accept my life eventually then why I am avoiding it. There is no escape and if William is correct then, this is what I'm born for. People live years searching the cause of their birth and me, even though I know it, I'm running away from it. Pity me.

“Whatever it is Sophia, it will pass on, that's the beauty of time. It doesn't stop for anyone. So either good or bad phase, it'll pass by and heal every wound.”

His words are very comforting and encouraging. I turned and smiled at him. “I didn't give this speech for just a smile”, he said and started kissing me. Our lips moved in sync. Though it was the first time I'm kissing him, it didn't feel so. I felt loved that moment. “Well, this is better, and yes, your welcome anytime”, he winked at me.

He began fading from my eyesight. I tried reaching out to him but it was like I was been  sucked from that place. I landed with a this in the middle of a meadow. This was the same clearing I found yesterday where I met that mystery girl. If I was dreaming before, I should wake up in my room and not in this meadow. Something is seriously wrong with me.

My ring which I found yesterday started glowing. Was this all an act done by my ring.

I began hearing commotion and I started to find the source of it. By the time I reached the source, I understood that I was in middle of a fight, where my family was fighting with people I don't even know. Were these people, the bad ones, William was talking about.

I saw everyone fighting, females hiding behind males and males stood protectively before them and fighting. When comes to other people both females and males fighting effectively and efficiently. We are going to lose that is for sure. Reason being we are not trained enough for this type of situations. It was only yesterday when we got to know about supernatural world and how come anyone expect to fight the very next day.

Even our people understood that we are on losing side, so instead of fighting they have taken back and stood in front of females as a protective wall.

William spoke, “As per the treaty signed, you are not supposed to attack us. Is this supposed to mean that our treaty no longer holds good?”

“We never meant to attack, you people started attacking us.”, a guy with blonde hair spoke directing towards Adam.

“Then serve the purpose of your visit.” William stated. I have now seen that everyone from our group are standing in couples, mom and dad, uncle Ben and aunt May, even Reed stood in front of a girl whom I don't know. All the females have been well protected except for me.

A pang of hurt hit me hard. Even now I'm been isolated, no one whom I can trust and who would protect me. If those creatures want to attack again then I would be a opening. Easy prey.

“It's not a violation of treaty but a step taken by me to combine forces and work together for the princess”, Eric supplied coolly and stood protectively in front of me. He was like a force with whom no one wants to mess with.

After watching this protective act of Eric for me, few of the other party people expressed surprise, few express shock and others happiness. There is no doubt everyone's eyes only held acceptance.

“Eric what are you talking about, why would you lead vampires”, exclaimed Mark. It is only then I understood that the people whom we were fighting with were vampires. The bad ones. I was a huge fan of twilight and hence concluded that good vampires exist, but according to William, vampires are bad and kill humans and drink from them. There is nothing called as good vampires.

“Firstly Mark, it's not Eric” stated Eric.

“What do you mean by it's not Eric, and why are you calling your dad as Mark and not dad .Will someone explain what is happening here”, exclaimed Jenna.

“I'm sorry Jenna, but I'm not your son Eric, but Harry Knight, King of Severs and these are my people and we came here to join your forces and train you folks so that you will be ready for the final war”, stated Eric or Harry or whoever.

Note:

Please vote, comment and share.