Chapter 30

Oh my God..

It's one year to this book already..

Time just flew and I didn't even realize..

Enjoy the chapter..

**************

There's air of happiness all over, I am bowled over seeing the excitement and love in air. Thomas and I had got many private moments in which I got to know him and made my brain less worry about him. My heart accepted the fate completely, but the brain is still wired.

Decorations are on full swing. Music and laughter filled the hall. People danced, sang and enjoyed to the fullest. Times like this are very rare when we feel close to normal.

Drake, Reed and Thomas are dressed in tux. Anna, Green and me, well what to say, we are so heavily dressed that I am choking on my own makeup. Note the sarcasm.

Anna and Green blackmailed me, let me quote, ' You only experience once, the baby shower of the first child of Serene'. Argh, am fool to say yes to these ladies. They look gorgeous like some runway models. I might be looking like a carrie prom queen for all I know. I was so busy with the arrangements and guest list that I forgot to look at the mirror. Yes, pity me.

Thomas came to my side, "You look beautiful, mate", this brought tingles down my spine. I couldn't even give him an eye contact because am blushing like a moron.

We all are waiting for the couple to walk down the stairs. Wait a second, were these two married. I don't know if being mates is enough or people do marry in this supernatural world. I was missing like seven months from this world and for all I know they could have been married. This never struck me. Well, would it matter.

Loud rock music dimmed down to jazz announcing the entry of the couple. Harry and Serene looked cute together. Serene is in a peach satin, off shoulder gown, showing off her baby bump, with a glow which would put sun to shame. Harry as usual looked dashing and handsome. There is no match for his beauty, I agree.

My eyes moved to his right hand to only notice a platinum band lying casually on his ring finger. Suddenly the air around was choking me. I can no longer take notice to the surroundings. I excused myself and rushed to the open ground.

I sat on the lawn, giving least attention to my light colored dress. Tears came out freely. He's married and I can't help but feel sorry for myself. I didn't know how long I sat here crying. Everything's a lie. I can't act anymore. My true love is not mine.

I heard some movements towards my left and followed it.

"We attack now", spoke a familiar voice.

At last, no more acting. Let's finish this.

I rushed towards the ball room and instantly took my place beside Serene. Harry gave me a suspicious look and without speaking he too closed his distance and stood next to Serene. At this everyone in the room understood that there is something wrong and immediately took their spots.

Serene, Harry and I were surrounded by Sapphire, Drake, Reed, Anna and Green. The outer circle filled with other warriors. The children and older couples were moved to emergency rooms by patrol teams.

A group of hundred Vampires filled the room and if not for the warning given by me, it would have been an ambush. The leader of the Vampire came out and spoke, "Give me the Queen and we'll let you live".

The circle surrounding us all growled. Harry's growl being loudest. Chandeliers and the windows rattled by the intensity of the sound.

"Do you think we would cower to a mere Beta, let the Master ask and then we'll think about it", I simply added and started looking for my mate. There were growls from the other side meaning I was right. The person before me was simply his Beta. I smirked.