Chapter Two - All Clear

Chapter Two-

What set this whole outbreak off? The question remains unknown to me. We all rush to our local market, called the Jimenez. The automatic doors spring open and we enter the second set of doors.

We clear out the walkers. I take the automatic pistol from behind the counter and pack the ammo into my backpack, emptying my math and science book from inside to make more room.

“Why do you get a gun?” Mr.Busteed asks.

I furrow my brows, “Cause I got the group out. So I think it’s only fair if I get the gun until I get other weapons.”

Scott (Busteed) scoffs and turns around, filling a shopping basket with Monsters and Redbulls. I cock the gun and shoot a cashier in the head who was bitten in the arm. Blood splatters on the window behind her. I shove her body aside and kick her legs to get across and into the small room where security is held. I take the radio and walkie-talkies, along with two other pistols with endless amounts of ammo.

Ms.Truman I catch putting condoms and snickers into her purse.

“Truman save it.” I say.

I walk down the canned aisle and use my arm to shove things off the shelf and into the shopping cart. I shoot the butcher swinging a meat cleaver at Uriel in the head. Uriel parries’ the attack and keeps emptying the shelves.

Kryda goes to Maria Ortega, who sits on one of the shelves and stares blankly at the aisle in front of her, “No hun. No that’s not what we’re doing right now. Come on hun. Come… come.” Kryda shuffles and gestures to Maria Ortega.

Regine shoves all the medicine into another basket. Adriana gets more canned food and tosses unnessacery stuff onto the ground, breaking the glass casings or spurting soda everywhere. We meet at the entrance.

“We cleared the store.” Tania says, panting.

I look at my phone, “It’s half past noon. Regine, Adriana, I trust you guys to help lead the group for now. I know you’re a crack shot.” I toss them both the other guns I found, along with some ammo.

“Mr.Busteed, Jessie.” I command, “I trust you to load all the supplies into the car. Don’t screw this up. Any teachers with cars in here, open your trunks. Anybody know how to hotwire a car?” I ask.

“Me!” Jair says.

“Hotwire as many cars you can, we need the space. And Mrs.Conely… I trust you to guard them, I don’t want them taking any supplies.

“Why should I take orders from a kid?” She sucks her teeth and crosses her arms.

I smile, “Cause I killed an adult, and what have you done to help so far?” I say.

“I’VE DONE PLENTY!?” She responds.

I roll my eyes, “K then.” I put the gun to her head, “Name three things.”

“…”

“I can already tell you’ll be a problem. I know you have two little boys. So I’ll be easy on you. One, I shoot you where you stand, or two… you get out of this group.” I say.

She stares at me, “You wouldn’t shoot me.”

“You shouldn’t try me.” I furrow my brows.

“CONELY HE KILLED VITEK!” Yoshi says.

“And I’ll kill you too. At point blank range.” I threaten to Conely.

Adriana shoots her. And Mrs.Conely falls to the floor, “I was tired of the bitch.” She scoffs.

“Thank you.” I say.

“Can we hurry now.” Celeste sighs deeply.

We search other stores around the area, and also get clothes. We load up with guns from numerous stores in a .5 mile radius. Now everybody has a gun. We also gear up on walkie-talkies and duct tape. I hear a scream and a, “NO!” behind me. I can recognize the voice from the “no.” It’s Omar Garcia. His shoulder being torn off by a walker with drawn on eyebrows. Maria Ortega stares at them. She’s so dumb… for real.

After we cleared out the whole seven eleven across the street from my house, I meet up with my Mom and sister, Sam. Luckily they aren’t bitten. And Regine’s mom, Johnsita meets up with us with her cat. We first drive to home depot and steal generators and gas. Then we decide to make shelter in the Meijer grocerystore. This is what I will call home for now. Until this clears up… if it clears up.