Chapter Six - Past Recovered

Chapter Six-

“Should I go inside to alert the others?” I say.

“Wait dude, you know this guy?” One of the other chicks asks him.

The boy smiles, “Yes, all of them.”

“How was your day you guys… did anything happen that we need to be alerted about?” I ask the group.

Pink hair looks at me with her green eyes, “Yeah, down south of here a walker horde was straying about. But they should pass through. They could hit here though.”

“Go tell the others.” Adriana says.

I rush into the back door, my black converses bouncing off the white tiles dimmed by the turned off lights.

“You’ll never guess who’s here.” I wake up Regine and Uriel. We run back outside and look at the six figures.

“Oh my god…” Regine smiles and hugs the boy, “I missed you so much! I’m so glad you’re safe.” Uriel fist bumps him, “Hey dude.”

“Hey man.”

I brighten up knowing an old friend is back with us, here. I get the group bottles of water.

“Come in guys.” I smile.

The new arrivals walk into the Meijer, “Help yourself to anything… We have a whole grocery store so… I mean yeah. You can join us or we can send you some food and leave you on your way. But for right now we have to keep you in a special unit. We can’t trust you just yet… you know… when you wanted to stir up trouble and all.” I say. “And the horde?”

“Right,” Pink hair says to Regine and Uriel, “There was a horde down south of here. We lost four members trying to fight it off. So we ran to the Winston Plaza. They could hit here… But you never know. I would gear up, better safe than sorry.”

I compensate the groups weapons, “You’ll get them back soon.” I promise.

“But how can we know if we need to get trucks loaded…?” Regine asks.

“They’re a long ways away. I wouldn’t be so worried. If they hit, it will be in about a week or so.” She replies.

“And how did you RUN from there to here exactly?” Uriel asks.

She smiles, “We had auto-mobiles. They broke down about a mile away from here. But you guys get some good rest.”

“Mkay… you too. Juan Magana… it’s so, so great to see you.. I'm sorry.” I say before locking their room.