Chapter Thirty - I Fell

Chapter Thirty-

        Kayden and I walked into our new town house, First rubbing our shoes on the door mat and stepping in. I look to Kayden for a moment and he smiles warmly at me, turning on the light and gliding all the way into the threshold. All I think about in the moment is Jane and Jamie, are they here right now? If they are, where would they be?

        I take myself up the steps and take a shower, the hot water beating against my face, soaring down my body and being drained back up again. Austin is dead, and all my friends are probably dead and Jane and Jamie are missing and all I have left is this guy who I barely even know, living in the same house as me. Once I finish my shower I step out, drying myself off with a towel and wrapping it around my waist, walking casually into our room.

        "FUCK!" Kayden says, blushing and covering up his junk as he tries changing into his pajamas.

        I squeal and cover my eyes, "Sorry, sor-... damn....." I peek through two of my fingers and then cover my eyes again, "Fuck, sorry." I blush, leaving the room and closing the door, chuckling.

        He walks out the room blushing and goes downstairs. I hold in a laugh and enter the bedroom, putting on warm black jogger sweatpants and a grey aeropostale sweater. Looking at myself in the mirror I fix my hair and sigh, staring at myself for a moment, biting my lip, and walking down the stairs to greet Kayden again. He's already working on dinner, making dino nuggets and smiley fries, I snicker softly and run my fingers through my hair.

        "Did you like what you saw?" Kayden says, I hear a smile in his voice, as he keeps his back facing me, embarressed.

        "Would it be bad if I said that just maybe you had a bigger dick than my ex?" I blush.

Kayden laughs softly, "Soooo, it that a yesss?"

        "Eh, pretty much." I smile.

he sits in the seat across from me and hands me my plate, squirting barbeque sause on my chicken nuggets and giggling. I eat them slowly, yet I have to get seconds because I'm starving from all the days I went without eating. I look into Kayden's eyes and he bites his lip, looking back down at his plate once he makes contact with me. All I think of in my mind is how adorable he is. Fuck, am I falling in love again?

        Once we're done with dinner I put our dishes in the dishwasher, it's about 10 p.m. which is about a good time for me and Kayden to both go to bed, we're both tired and grumpy and we had a long day. We walk upstairs and lay down in bed, seperated by pillows.

        "Well... this is awkward." Kayden blurts out after thirty minutes of darkness and us both resorting to staring at the ceiling.

        "Eh." I reply, bored.

        I wake up again at 2 a.m. the pillows thrown everywhich way and myself in Kayden's arms as if i'm some kind of teddy bear. It feels good being held again. So I give in, and let myself drift off into a deep sleep once more.