Chapter Three- Home Sweet Home

Chapter 3-

“Let’s get to work..” Truman says.

I ask Scott if he can take Ms.Witnik to HomeDepot to get some stuff for window reinforcements. I deactivate all of the automatic doors. I command Adriana and Jocelyn to go to the best buy and get anything useful and I ask Regine to help me guard the store.

“Maria… you have to do something to help…” Mrs.Kryda says to her. Maria stares blankly at the wall, for a moment, a little bit of drool comes out of her mouth, but Kryda wipes it with a part of her long floral patterned maxi-dress.

“What the hell is wrong with her?” I ask Mrs.Kryda.

Kryda looks at me and smiles wider than she already always does, even if she’s mad she smiles… mostly because of her colossal teeth, “Eh, she was never a good student in RTI anyways.” She laughs a little and shuffles off. Regine and I look at each other and raise an eyebrow.

“GURL! THOSE SHOES ARE OFF THE CHAINS! Are those MichaelKors!?” Johnsita says to Ms.Truman.

“YES! You know I was walking by the Target the other day and took a sniffle at the shoes. Dulce&Cabana shoes for fiddy dollars. They were cute too! They gots the cheetah print on them and everything. The little straps were leather.”

“Oh my gosh! Girl.. I don’t think you understand. Where did you get your hair did!?”

“This place around the corner from my home! Called AuthenticGhana Couture. Recently I learned this new hairstyle. I was talking with your daughter bout’ it. You take a little piece of hair and you kind of roll it up.” She demonstrates, “Then you twist it and secure it in place. It looks so fly.”

“Maybe you can do it on me sometime!” Johnsita replies.

“Of course! Of course!”

“You ready Reg-”

“Can I come too?” Uriel asks, interrupting me.

I stare at him, “Uh.. Kay.”

I exit the store with Regine and Uriel,

“Regine guard the back. Just in case Scott and Cindy come back that way.” I say.

She winks, “On it.”

“Can you not.” I reply, shooing her off.

“I see what side your bread is buttered on… yours too.” She says to Uriel and I. Regine smiles and runs to the back, cocking her gun. I walk slowly side by side keeping guard but also focusing on what he’s saying, “Uh… thanks for saving me.”

“…Thanks for allowing me too.”

“Jerry..”

“No no… it’s fine I get it.”

“Get what?”

I smile, “Everything.”

“Walkers at four.” He points.

I take out my throwing knives, “Goddamn they’re annoying already..” I throw a knife to one of the three’s head. “Don’t shoot them.” I say to Uriel, “Noise attracts them.” I kick one down and stomp on its head. Then the other one tackles me down, I scream in horror. FUCK.

“HELP!” I scream. Uriel shoots it in the head. “Well.. There goes the shooting rule.”

“I would apologize, but I think that shot saved your life.”

“No.. I think you saved my life.”

“Same thing.”

“No, no. Different things.”

He looks confused, “Okay?”

“Okay.”

“Okay.” He replies.

“Okay.” I say.

“Can we go back now?” He says.

“Okay.” I say again.

“Okay?” He says.

I cross my arms, “Let’s go…”

“Okay.” He laughs.