Chapter Eleven - The People

Chapter Eleven-

        Every move is vital. I walk slow and steady. Not as if I'm a walker but as if I'm the scent of a walker. Slowly flowing through the horde. I don't care anymore about who's dead or alive at this point. There's no way I can just turn back around. I have to keep going.

        "Pstt.. Jerry." I hear a voice behind me. I relize it's Regine.

        "Shh. shut the hell up Regine." I reply, as I keep walking. "Stop talking or you'll get us both killed... I'll see you from the other side..."

        "I lost everyone." Regine whispers back. "We both did.."

I peer back for a second, "What..? What do you mean?" I reply.

        "They're stuck They're on the other side of the store..  we're way in front of them.." She catches up to me.

        I hear the walkers starting to stir up a little from the noise, so I shush her. she gets the message and we both continue in through the horde. I get the supplies in the corner of the market and we head out the doors. The horde is starting to die down but we can still see the thousands of corpses clamped up on one another for a long while.

        "They're starting to extinquish.." Regine breaks the silence between us. The walkers groan and moan even more as we walk through the bundles of bodies.

        "Where the hell are they.." I whisper sternly.

Regine sighs, "We were fighting a bunch off... somebody died.. but I couldn't see."

My eyes widen and I bury a screwdriver into a walkers head, "Was it Austin!?" I screech, Regine covers my mouth and kills a walker who heard the commotion.

        "No it wasn't him... it was a chick? D- do you like Austin or something...?" Regine asks.

        "Maybe.. I don't know. Yes." I respond blushing.

Regine winks as she walks through the horde, "Rumor has it he's bi." She coos at me, giggling softly.

        "Rumor has it if you tell him I'll shove this hatchet in your face..." I respond to her playfully, then cracking a smile.

        "Okay.. okay I won't." Regine whispers, smiling a cheesy smile, "Maybe you aren't as uptight as i thought you were."

        "What's that suppost to mean?" I reply.

        "Nothing.." Regine smiles wider, "Nothing."

        Two hours later we reach a forbidden town.

        "Should we wait for them here?" I say.

        "They should be coming up soon.. maybe thirty minutes behind us.." Regine says. Let's just rest for a while... that was a huge horde.. we need the break. ... So." Regine pauses, smiling her cheesy smile again, "Austinnnn?" She nudges my arm and takes a bite out of an apple.

        "Yeah, I know. Austin is a nice name.." I reply non-chalauntly.

        "You know what I'm talking about.." She suddenly becomes very serious. We sit on two wooden stairs and drink a bottle of water.

        "Fine.." I roll my eyes.

        "I think it's cute." Regine smiles, "But... I want to discuss the downside of loving somebody at a time like this... remember what Jacquees said... we can't get attached to things as we used to... or else we die when they die.."

        "But Austin isn't a thing Regine. And you know that... I just don't wanna feel empty anymore... my Mom and sister just died.."

        "DO YOU HAVE ANY WEAPONS!? DROP ANYTHING YOU FUCKING HAVE!" A females voice says from behind us. I hold up my arms and drop my water bottle.

        "EVERYTHING!" She says again. I slowly turn around.

        "Who are you..?" I ask.