Chapter TwentyFour - Five

Chapter TwentyFour-

        We exit the house with only weapons, no food or anything. All of us kill everything in our path. Some of Crawford's officials shoot at us from the rooftops. But we keep running, our lives depend on making it to those barricades so we can escape the horde, luckily their attention will be focused on here, but once this is fully invaded the streets will be scattered again in no time, at least it gives us time to think.

        Dust kicks up from my boots and Lucy trips, Jamie stumbles on her but helps Lucy up and they proceed to run. The sound of gunshots echo in my ears and all I hear is people screaming from every which way. 

        "How the hell are we suppost to get out of here!" Johnsita screams, flailing around.

        Truman pants and stops herself for a second, "Goddamn it... I need a snickers.."

        "Truman we have to go!" Tania screams at her, but it's way too late, Truman is shot in the head by one of the guards on the roof, and walkers tear into her insides.

        Johnsita screams and shoots the man at the roof twice in the head, he flails and falls off the roof to his death, Sita has just lost her closest friend that was still alive. "We have to go.." Sita keeps running and hops over the barricade, that shit woke her up. She's finally determined.

        More of my group hops over the barricade, The gates around us being shot, then Stephanie is hit in the chest and she collapses to the ground, blood bursting out of her room as if she was a gusher that was just bit into. I hop the fence, grunting roughly, then offer Austin my hand, he grabs it and I pull him over the gate, he was lucky, for a bullet whizzed right where he was the moment before, He gasps and my eyes get wide, but we keep running. The horde is cleared out of the streets for right now and I can make out Molly's figure, hopping from roof to roof. Our boots clack against the tar as we sprint to the gunshop. We all come in and shut the door,

        "Who died on the way out.." Adriana asks, crossing her arms and staring wide eyed at the ground.

        "I know Truman and Stephanie.." I reply.

        Nobody else speaks up, "So... that makes.. five fatalities if I'm not wrong?" Regine furrows her brows.

        "Yeah, but who knows what else is going to happen to us, they saw us get away.." Tania says.

Noemi sighs, "..Hello, they aren't even a town anymore... ninety-five percent of them are probably killed and the last five percent is probably us... Once a leader is taken out there is no more civilization anymore."

        "Noemi's right, even if they were coming for us their town is raided anyways... what are they gonna do?" Jane implies.

        "Well, you never know, the last ones left could always make their own group. They do know we're in the area... and they do have beef with all of us.. Mostly Austin, Jerry, and Adriana." Freckles adds on.

        "Freckles could be right.." I say, "You never know what these son of a bitches could be planning.."

        "I agree with Freck faced.." Lilly scowls, "That's why we need to go to the country side.."

        "We don't have any supplies, Lilly. The countryside is mostly feilds, we'll starve to death out there... especially now that it's winter." Austin says, scratching his chin.

         "Maybe we sneak back into Crawford tonight... get some supplies and head out of Savannah.. " Johnsita scrunches her eyes into a solid stare and crosses her arms, shifting onto her left leg.

        "That's actually a plan I agree with." Tania agrees.

        "Me three, we could get bank there, nobody wants to just go into a horde to get supplies, especially on our own, but we gotta move fast, what if people are there and we don't want to cause any trouble. Slip in and out... Deal?" I say.

        "We're in.." Regine smirks.

        So be it.