Chapter Eight - The Newbies

Chapter Eight-

        "Cut off her limbs and Jocelyn spread them the opposite way from the camp. We would love to draw the horde away possibly. And using her will distract them." I say, staring at Monica's body on the ground. "Regine I want you to put Tania in the room with Juan and the newbies for the night. Just so she won't release any more anger on any other one of us."        

        "What the hell?" Tania replies. Regine takes her arms and keeps Tania in place. The whole room is silent.

        "You wanna act more misbehaved then our guests than you'll be treated like one for tonight. It's only temporary."

        "That's fucking crazy!" Tania screams again. "Who made you leader!?"

I sigh and rub my forehead with my hand without my gun. "I don't know what the hell went down. But obviously it was for relationship problems. If you will kill somebody because they flirted with your man than who the hell knows what else you're cabable of. It's for the safety of this group. Uriel. Would you mind going with Jocelyn?"

        "No. " Uriel says.

        "I SAID GO GODDAMN IT. UNLESS YOU WANNA GET KILLED BY DEAD MEAT EATING SLUTS." I yell.

        "Yes sir." He hesitates and follows Jocelyn, dragging monicas body out the doors.

        "Can't we just take a vote..?" Tania asks.

        "Alright ask any one of these people if they want an angry murderer sleeping with them tonight." I reply. "Anybody?" I ask.

        There's a moment of silence, "Fine." Tania replies... "Just fine."  Regine nods her head and escorts Tania to the room of newbies.

        "Just because you think she got away with it doesn't mean you will. So don't pull that shit." I say once the door is locked.

        "What are we gonna do with the newbies?" Adriana asks me.

        "They're with Juan. I trust Juan to be with the right people. And if not the right people then atleast not some bandits."

        "They had us at gunpoint back there Jerry, I don't want it to be another Tania situation where one just goes crazy and pulls the trigger." Andy replies.

        "Listen to me closely." I say, "They were scared. They had no idea who we were. And yes this is a fucked up world. But what do you expect from them. They can't just lower their guns hoping for us not to shoot. The world isn't the same. And you just saw that for your own eyes. I don't know what you expect from those people. But my friend is in that room. Two of them. And two of your friends too. And i'm not willing to let them go for something the whole world is doing now."

        "We don't have to be like them though.." Adriana replies.

        "You shot Conley. You're lucky you didn't get a day in the yard too." I say.

Andy stares at me, "If anybody fucking dies. Because of those fuckers. Than the blood is on your fucking hands. Do you hear me?" She says.

        "Fine. You don't have to stay with us if you don't want to." I say. Pushing my hair out of my eyes.

Andy walks away, pointing her gun to the floor and turning the corner into the next aisle.        

        "Why did you defend Monica..?" Regine asks.

        "I wasn't defending her. I wasn't defending either of them. I'm not choosing sides. But would you really want to be sleeping next to somebody who went off for a boy?"

        "Guess not..." Regine replies, "But you killed too."

        "We're all murderers. That doesn't make it right." I say.

        "RAYGENE. LOOK WHAT I FOUND GURL!" Johnsita says, calling Regine over to her. I follow her and see the new thing Johnsita has. "I found a camera! Take me and Adrian's pic!" Johnsita hands regine the camera. And her and Ms.Truman group together, making duckfaces and peacesigns.

        "Here..." Regine replies, handing Johnselfieta her camera back.

        "RAYGENE you had it on the wrong setting! Take it again!" She hands her the camera again. And this time Regine takes it from a different angle. "I see yo stragedy!" Johnselfieta says before i walk off.

        "Everyone go to bed!" I say. "We have a long day ahead of us tomorrow!"

-Next Morning-

        I go to unlock the newbies cage. Each one with their hands tied behind their backs. They slowly file out one by one. The last being Tania.

        "When i ask. I want you to state your name.." I say. In total there were six newbies. Juan, and Tania. Freckles is named Daisy. She was born in Harlem and was in a preforming arts highschool until the time she was sixteen. Then she transferred to Illinois for senior year. Another girl is named Aria. She had the longest hair i've seen before. A long braid that stretched out to her knees. "You may want to cut that.. you are walker bait. I can't believe you even survived this long.." I told her. Yet she insists on never cutting in and she tucks it all into a black beanie she has. The last girl is named Stephanie. She was a fresh out of school veteranarian for a pet hospital before the outbreak. She has a short blonde pixie cut and her eyes are two different colors.

        As for the boys there is Jacquees. Straight from the south side of chicago. Jacquees was in a gang until he realized he wanted to straighten up. So he decided to go to rehab and clean up his act. Then the outbreak happened. Doug, a short nerd who couldn't be of much help and was to boring to have a backstory...

        "You're name.." I say to the last guy, looking down at my shoes.

        "...Austin." He replies. I look up at him. God.. to the dayum. That's all i have to say about him. I learned he was a freshman in college before the initial outbreak. He had perfect grey eyes and dirty blonde hair. Perfect. Why.

        "...Why thank you all for stumbling upon us. Welcome to our group thank you have fun woohoo celebration. Rule number one. Lay hands off eachother. Mostly Austin k bye." I say before walking to the front door where Jocelyn runs in... alone.

        "What the hell."

        "Uriel... Uriel.. died." She pants. "Uriel died..."