Chapter Fifteen - Welcome To Crawford

Chapter Fifteen-

        We enter the gates some fillipino guy opened for us and drive into a parkinglot that Oberson has motioned us to. I take a deep breath, Jerry, you are fourteen years old FOURTEEN. Your life depends on you being fourteen. I think to myself and rub my hands together, creating friction. Sighing I kiss Austin on the cheek and exit the truck with Yoshi, Tania, and himself.

        "Like I said I'm Crawford Oberson, but please call me Oberson, and welcome to Crawford. We specialize in making our lives seem not as useless than what they really are! Your folks just got in before you and are about to catch a tour with Molly, so if you may please go with her I would truely love that!" He chuckles somewhat, yet he seems like one of those bitter-sweet people who end up trying to sabotage you in the end. "And by the way, we know your group travled from a far way! I'm glad to hear word about our camp is getting about.. Uhh yeah.. what was I saying.. oh! We know you may be a little closer to eachother as a group. But just know that we as Crawford citizens are one big group in itself! Now if you may go with Molly now." He smiles and takes his cane and points it to the direction of Molly. A blonde headed woman in her early twenties with a purple shirt and nicely tailored jeans. 

        "Hi you guys I'm Molly and I'll be your tour guide for today!" Her blue eyes flash onto mine and she turns her attention to the rest of our group. "So today I'm going to be obviously showing you around Crawford and telling you some guide lines to our little city we have going on! I know yall came from Illinois right?" She asks. When we nod, she smiles and takes out a walkie-talkie,

        "David we have new members, please announce their arrival all the way from Illinois." She smiles and puts the walkie talkie back in her pocket. "So! While I speak to him about announcing your arrivial that is also to prove a point that Crawford is walker-free. We gated the whole city in about a day with all of the citizens help and it's a decent sized area. All gates are watched day and night and we have jobs and enrollment for classes in the local school for children ages fourteen to eighteen."

        "Why fourteen..?" Jane asks.

Molly gets a sense of pain in her eyes and looks back at Jane, "It's just because we never had children thirteen and under enter the town, that's all..."

        "But what if a thirteen year old has entered the town then what will happen?" Jane replys almost snarling.

        "Then I guess it would be thirteen and over... then so on so forth... but.. with whats going on out in the city I wouldn't count on anybody that young surviving." Molly smiles then "David" announces our arrival to the camp. I'm guessing the camp is rigged with speakers or something because the announcement rings throughout the whole town. "So moving on." Molly starts walking on the side walk and motions us to follow her, "So Crawford has all sorts of shops and hangout spots of your choice. We're now looking at on our left the local beauty salon, Envy. It has all sorts of hair dye and other stuff you can use for a new do. By the way we use pay methods here in Crawford. Each of you will start off with fifty credits that will be held onto a card which you can use to buy stuff. By getting a job here in Crawford you can also earn more credits. Also for citizens fourteen and up."

        Looking around at Crawford it looks like paradise to what we were living in.. even more than the Meijers. People are watering their grass and laughing, I see some people even drinking martinis under an umbrella.

        "Then over here is a Mcdonalds, it was stocked with a huge load of food, but I would love to tell you that once that stock is over I think it may be shut down and turned into a bar. We only have so many McDonalds items.. and I wouldn't count on finding any out there.." Molly keeps guiding us. We also look at the gym, local dentist, and spa facility and many more. "We also have a doctors office for anybody with a cold. But we do take that place very seriously, if you have cancer, an STD or a diesease like that we will put you down immeadiately. It's a drain on our resorces for a cause that will not be fixable.. but that's understandable under the circumstances. We are just arriving at our housing units. We have housing units A, B, and C. You will be staying in housing unit B... any questions please contact me or any other tour guide or Crawford officials, including Oberson... Thank you so much for staying at Crawford."

        Maybe Crawford isn't as bad as Austin makes it out to be.... So I think...