Chapter Sixteen - Certified!

Chapter Sixteen-

        "By the way. In the houses there is hot water, power, and food. You have to go the the local bank to set up your credits account and to get your citizenship files made. Then get your keys to your houses." Molly smiles. "I hope you had fun on this tour and like I said any questions than contact me any other Crawford officials also including Oberson. Enjoy Crawford."

        I breathe in deeply and the group and myself walk slowly to the bank. We walk past the pet store, some more restaurants and a small little breakfast cafe called "Nana's." People are walking through the streets and I see a young lesbian couple holding hands and kissing. Nobody seems to judge them.. which led me to believe that this place maybe is better than the society that we had before the outbreak. But none of us are fooled. We know that, that could all change any moment from now and we aren't gonna get comfortable for too long.. just incase we gotta get out. We arrive at the bank, Before the outbreak it looked to be a Bank Of America. Even had a drive through, yet I don't think we need those anymore. We walk into the automatic doors and the breeze feels so nice and comfortable.

        "Hi how may I help yall?" A nice woman in her mid thirties smiles.

Jane smiles, "We would like to get out Citizen certification."

        "Oh you're the Illinois squad? News upon your arrival has been quite the news in our local paper." She smiles broader, smacking away at the gum in her mouth.

        "Cool." Tania says, "Now how do we get certified?"

        "..Kay so you're gonna go back there and get your photos taken, then you're gonna fill out a small form... so I guess first up will be the leader of your group?" The woman says.

        "Me." I step forward and go into a little grey cubicle. A man in his twenties takes my photo and develops it from the computer. When it starts lagging he apoligizes, "Sometimes it gets a little hard to print out your file. The generators can only do so much.." He smiles. And hands me the file with my picture in the left hand corner, "Now just fill in the basic information.." He hands me a pen and I start filling out my Name, Date of Birth, state before outbreak, Skills in combat, and if i had any past expirence, My job here in Crawford (Which is to remain blank until I get one.)  then who is my roomate/housemate.. Answers : Gerald Joseph Hinman (Jerry), 11/27/1999, Illinois, Guns, Melee weapons, and stealth (To which I was clueless on what to put.), and Austin.

        He smiles and looks at me, "Are you and Austin together?"

I look back at him and furrow my brows questioningly, "Yeah.. why?"

        "It's just that we have quite a few bi/homosexuals in town... pretty cool really. How they were underestimated before the outbreak now they're pretty much thriving." He says, reviewing my file one last time and tucking it into a little drawer under his desk. "You sir, are now a Crawford citizen. Wanna enroll in classes?"

        "Thanks but no thanks.." I respond.. honestly I already got enough of that shit. Plus it would be summer break and Crawford does year round classes.

        "You may exit now." He blandly says with a smile on his face and I turn around and walk to the front desk.

        "You and Austin Colman, house 887 Housing Unit B." She smiles and hands me the key. I basically snatch it away and just walk to the house alone. It's not far from the initial town square but it's still quite a walk. I unlock the door and open it. Damn! Is all I could think about. I enter the threshold and then am greeted by a hallway. To my left is the first bathroom and to my left is the kitchen, The walls are a sheer blue and the fridge is fully stocked with food and water. The gas stove works perfectly and the cabinets are filled with spices and condiments. I walk further into the house and turn on a light switch. The light flickers on a bit but then fully turns on and the dining room is next. The walls are painted a golden color and a six set chair wooden dining room set is waiting for food to be served on it. Then the living room is ahead, painted the same golden color with two black leather couches and a modern coffee table and a ceiling fan up above. I turn to the stairwell and walk up the staircase and enter the master bedroom. The king sized bed is comforted with black and white victorian inspired comforters and above is a black chandelier. The closet is very normally sized and then theres a guest room and a second bathroom with a shower with glass sliding doors and marble tiles. I then hear Austin enter the house, "Babe!?" He asks from the doorway. I run down the stairs and jump straight into his arms, He laughs and gives me my credit card. (No not a credit card I mean the Crawford payment method CREDIT card.) A small paper sheet with fifty tags on it, aka fifty "Credits"

        "It's amazing isn't it!" I smile and hug him, "Isn't it! Isn't it!"

He kisses me gently and hugs me, "Yeah baby. It's perfect. Exactly how I want to live my life with you." He smiles.