Chapter Fourteen - It's Not What It Seems To Be

Chapter Fourteen-

        "Maybe we should get back out there... you know... to hotwire the car." I smile. All I can think to myself is his lips against mine. The rush I got when his metallic eyes locked onto mine and his sunkissed skin warm beneath my hand.

        "Of course." He half smiles, "But just one question."

I smirk, "What?" I coo at him gently.

        "Will you be my boyfriend?" He locks his eyes onto mine.

I roll my eyes and push his chest gently, "I think that was already established when I planted my lips on yours." Austin smiles and holds out his hand, I hold it and we walk out the store side by side, guns in my left hand, and his palm in my right. Everybody seems to stare at this gesture but I don't really think they suspect anything, except for Regine, who winks at me. "There's nobody in the store... we checked everywhere."

        "I'm sure you did." Regine winks again. I think this got a couple more group members to figure out the situation between Austin and I. Particularly Adriana and Tania who smile at eachother.

        "Sure fucking did." I say back to Regine. "Austin's gonna get the cars hotwired now.." I smile, "Right Austin?"

        "Yeah, Babe." He pecks my cheek. I'm pretty sure I blush quite a bit. Everybody just looks at us, some in shock, some smiling, Jamie and Jane, clapping their hands quietly. Austin walks to the trucks and opens the biggest one first, "Just in case we need to move fast I want to get the UPS truck up and going first since it can hold a huge quantity of us.." He says to me before french kissing me passionately, "Regine wants to talk to you."

        "I'm pretty sure i know why.." I roll my eyes and walk away crossing my arms and snickering.

        "WELL FUCKING SHIT!" Regine whispers quite loudly to me, "What the hell happened when you two were in there? Any... sort of... pe-"

        "Regine!" I scold, almost embarressed.

She winks, "All the details.. now boy now."

        "....We searched the place... and it had nothing in it so we took a break and I kissed him and he sort of gave into it I guess...?" I say questioning my own logic.

        "Was he a good kisser?" She winks.

        "Are we really going to discuss my relationship in the parking lot of the PigglyWiggly?" I ask, trying to switch topic.

        "Relationship, aye? GET AT THATTTT!" Regine smirks.

My friend Brandon walks past us, "FACKING SLATTTTT! WHOREE!" He playfully mocks me.

        "Shut the fuck up, Slutty Brandon." I furrow my brows at him and respond.

        "Got one!" Austin alerts us, the UPS truck jerks for a bit then starts running properly, Austin then goes to the Avon truck, the second largest.

        "Jerry come here for a second." Jane gestures me over to her. "I was just wondering if you needed me to do anything for the group right now.. Austin has the trucks.. you went in and scoped out the place and yeah.. Oh by the way, are you and Austin a thing?" She smirks, crossing her arms.

        "Yeah, it's a long story. If you want the inside scoop ask Regine." I giggle, then I remember the huge amount of supplies there was in the store  "But uh you know what... There was a whole stock of heaven in that store... maybe if you could retrive as much of it as you can, maybe even get some people to help I would deeply appriciate it." I smile.

        "I'm on it." Jane gives me a thumbs up and gets Jaime, Johnsita, Brandon and herself to get some supplies to load into the trunk along with the supplies we already had.

        "Got two!" Austin smiles, lastly he goes to the fedex car and hotwires it, "All good! Everybody load up the trucks and hop in one."

        "Selfieta, Austin, and Jane care to drive?" I ask.

        "Not a problem." They all agree.

        Obviously I sit passenger of Austin in the Fedex truck, Yoshi and Tania sit in the back.

        We drive off into the night, and suddenly it all seems so safe.... no walkers are on the road tonight and I finally get a glimpse of what could become one day... Austin by my side, the walkers gone. Everything peaceful again. We try to turn on the radio, very oddly a broadcast from the military is on and they warn us to stay inside from the horde that already passed. They also remind us they're looking for a cure but nothing has been spotted yet, and that they're getting notice of a refugee camp somewhere up north of where we are now. But we keep driving... because in the moment we can. It feels good knowing that we aren't alone in this shit world. I finally kiss Austin goodnight near two o'clock in the morning and I finally drift off to sleep.

        Then I'm awaken by Austin. "Hey baby, we're here.... but be cautious.. Yoshi, Tania wake up."

They awaken, "Where are we?"

        "We're at the camp.." Austin replies, "But it isn't what it was made out to be..."

I bite my lip, "What the hell do you mean?"

        "They don't accept people under fourteen... in fact... if they find out... they'll kill you... Jaime and Jane already found out and alerted the others... But you need to be fourteen.. you have to act as if you're fourteen...." He looks like he's in a state of panic, "It's a safe place... but it's cruel... but we have no choice.. the city is already starting to get overrun by walkers."

        "Baby calm down... Where are we?"

        A man comes up to the car window, his suit nicely tailored and his hair perfectly quaft. His mustache shaped just right, Austin lowers his window.

        "Yes sir?" Austin asks.

        "How old are they?" The man asks him, looking slightly stunned, yet he smiles at me a bitter sweet smile I don't think I'll ever be able to explain.

        "Fourteen... all of them are fourteen." Austin smiles almost genuinely. But I could tell the fakeness of it by it being a full smile.. not his normal half charming smirk he does.

        "Outstanding..." The man smirks, shaping his mustache with his index finger and thumb, "I'm Crawford Oberson... welcome to Crawford... enjoy your stay."

        Crawford.